Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

questions about MY NEW H

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions about MY NEW H

so imma hook up my cb ok im buying a stock H22a4 im going to be putting 4 to 1 DC headers aem v2 cai im keeping my f22 tranny but im putting a competition clutch stage 2 and ultra light weight flywheel and im going to run a custom exhaust of 2 and 1/2 inch piping with a magnaflow muffler a full k sport suspention and the engine is going to be held in by some innovative motor mounts
    and obviously new timming belt, oil and water pump

what my question is how much power am i going to be pushing and what times do u think ill hit at the track with this set up

depending on the reponds i get

i might end up putting in a vtec controller
    so what do u guys think

-hp/and track time with out vtec controller=..

-hp/and track time w/ vtec controller=...

ur input would be greatly appreciated

plz no shit talking
    this is my first swap so im nervous and anxious
    this is my set up and i cant change it (i just want to know what this set up will do)

will post pics as this progresses
    (i tryd looking for a thread like this but i had no luck im also doing all this from my phone so its kind of hard)
    Last edited by goose6453; 09-18-2010, 09:36 AM.

YOU WANNA SEe ME SMASH ON A AUDI A4 TURBO WITH LIKE 5K$ IN MODS IN MY 7TH GENI ONLY HAD A CAI

Estimating your build will probably give you close to 200 whp. You're probably looking at times in the mid - high 14s, depending on what you add or remove to the car weightwise.

Every car is different, every driver is different. It's very, very difficult to give you a solid time estimate. There are a lot of different factors that can affect your time, including your own driving skills, wind and weather conditions, etc.

I'm an F series guy, so I can't advise you on the VTEC controller, but someone will chime in on the benefits or lack of benefits.

Comment

spend your money on a chipped ecu and a tune.
      Those VTEC controllers are not all they are meant to be. IMO.
      Just get a p28 chipped and have VTEC set to about 4600. rather than 5400 makes a huge difference.

If you have the money get an H series tranny, as the F series tranny drops you out of VTEC when you shift. The H series will keep VTEC engaged.
      MadLab Racing
      Southern Maryland

Comment

The VTEC controller is a waste. Steve is right about the ECU (but you'll need to get it professionally tuned to really be useful... a bad tune could even do damage.)

The F series tranny will slow you down in the quarter mile.

The DC header (just one... it's an inline four, no "headers" here, unless you're driving around with a spare in the back seat...) will do little for power. No mass-produced off the shelf header does much for the H22. You'll need to spend real money on SMSP, Bisimoto, Hytech, Mugen, etc... in order to see real gains. The only thing you're getting with the DC over a cheap ebay header is slightly better build quality, and CARB exemption... whch, if you don't live in CA, is meaningless.

The AEM V2 intake is much the same. Yes, it might give you 1-2hp over a $50 short ram with a good filter... but it's bulky, expensive (also due largely to that CARB exemption), and a hydrolock risk.

For the power you'll be putting down, that Stage 2 clutch is a waste of money. You won't need anything more than OEM... Stage 1 if you feel you need something "better". Just because a clutch is a higher stage doesn't mean it's "better". If it's not suited to the application, it's pointless. It's like using a sledgehammer to build a birdhouse. It's a bigger, better hammer... but way too much for the application, and will only result in something getting broken.

The exhaust plans are the only things I have no objection to. That's a good plan. Be sure to retain your cat and resonators unless you want it to smell and sound like shit.

It is very difficult to estimate your horsepower and quarter mile time. We don't know the health of your engine. We don't know your driving ability. We don't know your tires, the weight of your vehicle, the altitude of your track. There are many factors that can't really be determined by figures on paper alone. If that were possible, it'd be SO easy to shop for parts, because we'd know exactly how much power we were bolting on!

My advice... don't waste your money on that header, and get a cheaper short ram intake with an AEM or K&N filter (the cheap filters don't work well, and can let dirt into your engine.) Don't bother with the VTEC controller, and hold off on a tunable ECU, as you don't really have enough to require it anyway. Get an Exedy Stage 1 clutch. It'll give you all the performance you need for far less money.
        Take the hundreds of dollars that you saved right there, and invest in something that will actually give power. A set of mild camshafts, for instance (I say mild so you don't NEED a tune, and you won't need to take everything apart to replace your valve springs.) Or perhaps see if you can jump in on the Bisimoto header group buy. They're pricey, but they give about 4x more power than the DC header.

Comment

Originally posted by goose6453 View Post
          so imma hook up my cb ok im buying a stock H22a4 im going to be putting 4 to 1 DC headers aem v2 cai im keeping my f22 tranny but im putting a competition clutch stage 2 and ultra light weight flywheel and im going to run a custom exhaust of 2 and 1/2 inch piping with a magnaflow muffler a full k sport suspention and the engine is going to be held in by some innovative motor mounts
          and obviously new timming belt, oil and water pump

what my question is how much power am i going to be pushing and what times do u think ill hit at the track with this set up

depending on the reponds i get

i might end up putting in a vtec controller
          so what do u guys think

-hp/and track time with out vtec controller=..

-hp/and track time w/ vtec controller=...

ur input would be greatly appreciated

plz no shit talking
          this is my first swap so im nervous and anxious
          this is my set up and i cant change it (i just want to know what this set up will do)

will post pics as this progresses
          (i tryd looking for a thread like this but i had no luck im also doing all this from my phone so its kind of hard)
          thanks for ur input guys oh and i live in az just so u guys know ok so no vtec controller cool and u guys r saying to build my head cool ill look into that today as far as the progress is going well im on my way to the shop right now ill keeep u guys updated

YOU WANNA SEe ME SMASH ON A AUDI A4 TURBO WITH LIKE 5K$ IN MODS IN MY 7TH GENI ONLY HAD A CAI

Comment

the only reason im going with a competition clutch is bcuz the shop i go to owns them and ive seen a hatch out here that runs 11s on that clutch and also a daily beater so that y i chose to go that rout and low 14s is what u guys are saying right also a h22 tranny like i said im still looking into stuff as soon as i get on a pc ill up load pics of my car so let me know what u guys think

Comment

the h tranny is better geared for the motor of course, so it's gonna handle the power better than the f tranny. neither f or h tranny is gonna keep vtec engaged since the tranny has absolutley nothing to do w/ vtec. i have a p28 set at 4600 instead of 5200 so it keeps me close to vtec w/out actually hitting it if i don't want to. besides keeping vtec engaged just speeds up wear & tear on your motor since it's not meant to be engaged all the time. got a my p28 from phearable.net & it's gr8. no matter what your still gonna have to get it tuned when u put the ecu in the car, dyno is the best. my stock h put down 185.35 whp, which is pretty much what i expected from a jdm 200 hp motor(usdm h22 only put out 190). so u'll get a hell of a gain from your 130 hp f22 w/ just the swap alone. have fun bro

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3222203/5

Comment

That 11 second Civic NEEDS a good clutch. Your car (which will NOT be running low 14's with those mods, trust me) does not need it. The clutch will eat your flywheel long before you ever need that much clamping force.

This kid is just going to hear whatever he wants to hear, and ignore the rest. I'm done helping out in this thread. Good luck blowing your money, kid. You obviously know exactly what you want to do.

As for the tranny... it's not about "keeping vtec engaged"... when you shift at redline with an F22 tranny using the stock VTEC crossover point, you will shift into the dead zone right before the crossover. You will not be shifting within the engine's powerband. It's not a big deal, really... but a properly geared transmission will fix that. The H22 transmission's shorter gearing allows you to shift at redline in one gear and end up still in VTEC range in the next gear.
                Moving the VTEC crossover point is only useful to about 4800rpm. Any lower, and the powerband will drop. The stock 5200-ish crossover was set a bit high so people could feel the change, and buy Preludes.

Comment

Why cant you change the setup? If you're into racing you will be changing your setup, trust me. You will see that high 14's low 15's as not good enough and then you'll be itching for more power. Best thing to do right now as mentioned is find a p06 or p28 and once you have the mods you want then have the car tuned by someone who knows what they are doing. Deev is right about that clutch, its not necessary for your build. Seat time at the track is the best way to get better times.

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

thanks for ur input guys i didnt know that about the ecu and i was thinking about the f tranny i dont know what that has to do with the vtec but yes i will eventually get the lsd h tranny for it..... this is for just right now and yes i will be changing my set up this is just for right now.... and fly wheels are nothing to me i can get them for 10$ a pop and free labor to go with it.... and to be honest is anything ever good enuf lol if u could add 50 more hp to ur current set up would u do it fuck yeah u would lol
                    and the shop i go to does excellent tuning thanks for ur input guys i will be making some changes =) i thought i wasnt going to have too but thats why i went to the spot to chill cb7tuners like i said i will deff keep u guys updated .
                    and for the guy that called me a kid....look muafucker i came here to ask questions and to show u guys my car and set up.... now if i would of posted a thread that said does anybody NEED THEIR ASS HANDED TO THEM u wouldnt sound so fuckn smart now would you and yes it is my money and yes i will do what i want at the end of the day and if u dont like it or if ur not going to help then get the fuck on.... dont post in my thread like i give a fuck about that lol plz muafucker go talk shit some where else.... im not going to talk shit back to u fuckrs hating on me after this.... its just evrytime somthing is said on here their has to be that one asshole that has to b a dick about it cuz ur not doing it their way and i bet the only reason u get all big and tough about it is cuz u live in another state
                    (thats it no more shit talking ouuta me) once again thanks guys for ur input

Comment

you realize that the guy who called you a kid runs this site right? it might not be a good idea to call him a motherfucker. sounds like he gave you some good advice

Comment

Originally posted by Dani Filth View Post
                        you realize that the guy who called you a kid runs this site right? it might not be a good idea to call him a motherfucker. sounds like he gave you some good advice
                        Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        This kid is just going to hear whatever he wants to hear, and ignore the rest. I'm done helping out in this thread. Good luck blowing your money, kid. You obviously know exactly what you want to do..

then he should of just stoped here
                        i dont care if hes the owner (and as the owner he should have more respect for ppl then just throwing someone under the bus like that)
                        and yea he did give me good advice and i am taking it into consideration i just have a lot of stuff going on right now and im looking into a lot of options with this new found info u guys changed my mind about some stuff
                        Last edited by goose6453; 09-21-2010, 09:12 AM.

Comment

ok guys i have no idea where the updated pictures of my car are the only things ur going to see diff from these pic to now is the car is now black(the original color),took the seat covers off got rid of the ebay headlight, put the jdm one peices on, took the 19s off, and removed all that bs wireing you see in the pics,got a optima red top and put 9k hids
                          enjoy lol

my other accords

Last edited by goose6453; 09-21-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

oh and took the wing off lol

Comment

To help you out in what your asking your better of with a stock header. It flows just a tad bit better then a eBay header or DC. If you want the best bang for your Bisimoto can help you out on the header. Reading your response to Deev that money is not a problem.

There is no need for a Vtec Controller. You are better of with a p28 ecu chipped and tuned. And even hondata if you know what your doing.

Now what you can do and it will actually help you out is read and learn about what it is to swap a H22. There's plenty of things you will end up with without any knowledge on what to do or how to repair it other than paying someone to fix it for you.

You asked why Deev responded back to you in the way he did. Well it's people like you who ask questions like yours when they don't even have the knowledge to type in correct punctuations and spelling word. When you type like diz ur like txtn or street talk you make yourself look like an idiot and the response you get back will be senseless response. Also it might help to used the search button first before posting a new thread.

If you want people to help you out type like you make sense because if not members will start taking you as a joke and NOBODY will help you. Thanks to Deev we have this site at NO cost to come here and ask questions and get answers. He pays for this site out of his own pocket and expects nothing in return but the only things he gets back is inapropiate comments,stupid questions,about a crap load of threads with the same question. Is that fair for him NO. We are all In here to help or be helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X