Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Interior Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Question

Hey guys, how do you remove the drivers side interior door panel? I don't know where all of the screws are and what I need to do specifically. LMK ASAP

Coupe or sedan? DX, LX, EX, SE?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Coupe or sedan? DX, LX, EX, SE?
      Sedan LX

Comment

removal of door panel

its actually very very simple get a flat tip and a phillips screw driver. use the phillips for the two screws ones located inside the handle pocket usually where you rest your arm at, and one is behind the door handle and inside the door handle behind the level and if im correct there might be another somewhere underneath a cover you can remove with a flat tip but other than that remove the clip from the door handle after you removed the screw theres a clip that holds the bar that releases the lock to open the door take it off and than take the flat tip and carefully pry the door panel away from the door try not to put it in too far and damage your speaker haha XD good luck bud
        What Do You Tell a Chick With 2 Black Eye's?
        Nothing You Already Told Her Twice

Comment

if you need pictures cuz youre a visual learner like me my advice is run to your local pep boys or similar store and see if they have a haynes manual for our 90-93 accords for like 40 bucks; itll show you how to take apart the door in there. Also owning that manual as a reference is worth every penny, and will help you a lot with most other areas of CB7's

Comment

Great thank you guys!

Off topic question: My window regulator/motor seem to be dead, my window is perm. down and the motor doesnt make any noise if you try the switch. Its also not a fuse. Would it be cheaper to find a new door or get the window regulator repaired/replaced?

Comment

if the window regulator/motor is at fault, find a new window regulator/motor and replace would be the best option the door and the window regulator/motor are two separate things, so you could go to the junkyard and pick up just the window regulator/motor, but keep in mind those motors are probably about as old as yours were to begin with. If the price is not an issue and a new one is not that much more expensive, i'd recommend picking up a new one from somewhere, or a used one that someone can verify works well and strong, to replace them. I know eBay has a bunch, used and new. theres other places to get them too, so good luck in finding a good one!
              Last edited by P5ylance; 09-13-2010, 11:44 PM.
              blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                if the window regulator/motor is at fault, find a new window regulator/motor and replace would be the best option the door and the window regulator/motor are two separate things, so you could go to the junkyard and pick up just the window regulator/motor, but keep in mind those motors are probably about as old as yours were to begin with. If the price is not an issue and a new one is not that much more expensive, i'd recommend picking up a new one from somewhere, or a used one that someone can verify works well and strong, to replace them. I know eBay has a bunch, used and new. theres other places to get them too, so good luck in finding a good one!
                Thank you sir! I am going to go down to Precision Honda(local place) and talk them and see what they suggest. But the ebay thing seems the cheapest way to go $34ish for a reg.

Comment

When removing the door trim (once you have ensured all the screws are removed) pry from the bottom corners (pulling outwards).

Use only your fingers (no flat head screw drivers or pry bars). Your fingers will be strong enough yet gentle enough to not dig or scratch the door trim and door paint.

Note: Don't pull too far and hard (especially near the courtesy door light - if equipped), as there is a wire leading to the light which must be removed.

Also the wires to the power window control switch and power mirrors must be removed while your holding the trimming. Have a flat head screw driver handy as you may need it to pry the wires off with the only free hand you have.
                  Rides:

Accord
                  92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                  95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                  91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red