Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

back right door handle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back right door handle

well not sure if this should be in the interior section or here. decided to post it here because it has to do with the performance of the door and also i feel like this forum gets more views that the beginner interior. if a mod sees fit to move it i will not really mind. so anyway onto the problem...

so when i got my cb neither back inside door hand was installed. the outside handles opened the doors fine but you had to grab that little rod that goes through the door to open it. so a few days ago my back right stopped opening from the outside. so i tried fishing around inside for the rod but i could not find it, even with my magnet on a stick (best $3 tool you will ever buy if you dont already have one) but i cant seem to find that rod and i cant get the door open. i cant get the door panel off without opening the door so i am kinda screwed right now. i was wondering if this happened to anyone or if anyone has any ideas. also can i just take the hinges off the door? will that allow me to remove it? because in my haynes it says to open the back door to remove it from the hinges.

thanks in advance everyone.
    Parts For Sale
    BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

You can remove the panel with the door closed.
    It's not entirely easy and seems like your going to break it but it can be done.
    To make it easier you can remove the seat first if you want to.

When you get it off and you find that the door still won't open with the inner rod have a look here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...highlight=door

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Try using a flash light and a small mirror (like a make up mirror - just dont drop it in there accidentally) combo to fish for it.

I think it had just fallen out of sight.

I dont believe it would be far (since it's still physically attached to the mechanisms as it worked before).
      Rides:

Accord
      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

thanks for your ideas guys. i think i will try the mirror approach first.

i was thinking maybe the rod thing fell off? because the door used to open from the outside. idk, i will try to mess with it maybe tomorrow and see what happens.
        Parts For Sale
        BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Working...
        X