Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22a6 with vtec head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f22a6 with vtec head

Does a 95 accord vtec head fit directly in a f22a6 and do i need a new taming belt or can i use the f22a6 timing belt... and also is there any other ecu that will give it better porformance other than the stock P0A ecu

Why do I answer this question 3 times a week?

With some modification, it will fit. However, it is a considerable downgrade from the F22A head. The F22B1 head was not made for performance, but for fuel economy and emissions. The port design is crowded, and the valve angle is poor. The VTEC system works on the intake valves only. Its primary purpose is for fuel economy... and to lure ignorant suckers into paying more for a car because it has "VTEC".
    No other ECU is going to make it any better.

The F22A head, on the other hand, has flow potential equal to or greater than the B18C5 (Integra Type R). Swapping the F22A head would be a bad idea.

Comment

ohhh ok cuz i had heard it wasent good so i wanted 2 find out.. so is theres any othere heads u might recommemed 4 the f22a6..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Why do I answer this question 3 times a week?

With some modification, it will fit. However, it is a considerable downgrade from the F22A head. The F22B1 head was not made for performance, but for fuel economy and emissions. The port design is crowded, and the valve angle is poor. The VTEC system works on the intake valves only. Its primary purpose is for fuel economy... and to lure ignorant suckers into paying more for a car because it has "VTEC".
        No other ECU is going to make it any better.

The F22A head, on the other hand, has flow potential equal to or greater than the B18C5 (Integra Type R). Swapping the F22A head would be a bad idea.
        We need a sticky

Originally posted by gariel View Post
        ohhh ok cuz i had heard it wasent good so i wanted 2 find out.. so is theres any othere heads u might recommemed 4 the f22a6..
        The f22a6 head...

Why does everyone think you can just swap heads like switching socks?

Comment

cause I didn't want to start a new thread.
          how much trouble would it be to put a f22A head on the f22B1 block?
          Originally posted by scudweiser
          once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

Originally posted by ingold View Post
            cause I didn't want to start a new thread.
            how much trouble would it be to put a f22A head on the f22B1 block?
            None at all, they have the same blocks.

Comment

i just found an f22a head soo cool im not such a vtec fan anyways. but for the oem f22a was better the pt3 ecu or the pt6 ecu

Comment

The F22A and F22B1 blocks aren't identical, but similar.

Do you not have a head on your block now?

If you're running the F22A6 cam and intake manifold (or H23 intake manfiold), the PT6 is best. If you're running F22A1 or F22A4 parts, the P12 from the Prelude S is the best ECU.

There is no need to do a headswap on an F22A block. Most of the time, the result is very unreliable, and the gains are minimal.

Comment

Deeve, I have a f22b1 in my car right now. I hate it. I'm wanting to do a A1 or A6 head swap, so I can get rid of the fake vtec. and spray. that is why I asked.
                  Originally posted by scudweiser
                  once again people, need i remind you that there is no road between the kitchen and the bedroom, and therefore women need not drive?

Comment

You are confusing this thread. Please start your own thread if you want to change the topic.

Comment

The F22A and F22B1 blocks aren't identical, but similar.

Do you not have a head on your block now?

If you're running the F22A6 cam and intake manifold (or H23 intake manfiold), the PT6 is best. If you're running F22A1 or F22A4 parts, the P12 from the Prelude S is the best ECU.

There is no need to do a headswap on an F22A block. Most of the time, the result is very unreliable, and the gains are minimal.
                      im runnig the f22a head but i think is craked i changed the head and vaulve cover gaskets. and also the tube seals. but i still have oil leaking in my spark plugs.. i really dont now what else the problem could be. is there any othere problems that could cause tha leak. i havent tried the seals under the roker arm assembly could the fix it. The car got symptones of a blown head gasket but theres no coolent in the oil and it only smokes when u turn it on..

Comment

Failing lower tube seals are very likely.
                        If there's no mixing of coolant and oil, then the head gasket might be fine. Are you burning coolant? White smoke, sweet smelling?

Black smoke is excess fuel, or at least unburned fuel... possible if your spark plugs are fouled.
                        Blue smoke is oil. DEFINITELY possible if your spark plugs are covered in it.

Comment

Failing lower tube seals are very likely.
                          If there's no mixing of coolant and oil, then the head gasket might be fine. Are you burning coolant? White smoke, sweet smelling?

Black smoke is excess fuel, or at least unburned fuel... possible if your spark plugs are fouled.
                          Blue smoke is oil. DEFINITELY possible if your spark plugs are covered in it.
                          Yea is burning coolent and is got white smoke with the sweet smell. but i havent seen no sings of coolent in the oil.

Comment

I guess the coolant is finding its way into the combustion chambers only, which is a good thing. It's not getting past the rings, and there's no leak into the oil passages.
                            Blown head gasket is likely... cracked head, as you mentioned, is always a possibility. If it's overheated anytime recently, that could cause damage to either.

Comment

I guess the coolant is finding its way into the combustion chambers only, which is a good thing. It's not getting past the rings, and there's no leak into the oil passages.
                              Blown head gasket is likely... cracked head, as you mentioned, is always a possibility. If it's overheated anytime recently, that could cause damage to either.
                              So then the only way 2 find out is to remove the head. Thanks 4 the help

Comment

Working...
                              X