Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

turbo head gasket ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turbo head gasket ?'s

Okay, so my headgasket is starting to go on my turbo cb..bisimotos site isn't working for me right now it won't load..what are some good websites to get a headgasket for my f22a1? I can't find anything on the internet.. I'm running 10psi.. please let me know if anyone knows a good website because I'm stumped... thanks for the help

For low boost the OEM Honda one is fine.
    Be sure to get the head machined at the same time

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Oem will hold 10psi daily?

Comment

Originally posted by slowaccord View Post
        Oem will hold 10psi daily?
        Yes

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

TASauto.com is another good source...

And you can always call Bisimoto. Just becayse the site is down doesn't mean they don't exist! They're just redoing the site this weekend.

Comment

Alright thanks guys ill check that website out or go buy a headgasket from advanced

Comment

make sure the surfaces are straight on both the block and head.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Okay, I went on that tasauto.com I found a headgasket part #6347219 are parts from this place legit?...remember I will be running ten psi daily...I don't want it to blow out after a week like them ebay ones haha

Comment

i went to *********.com and got an ishino head gasket for a good price. from my knowledge it's the oem part.

http://www.*********.com/catalog/199...ad_gasket.html
                  1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

You used it on your car and holds up fine?

Comment

if i were you i would buy a honda gasket and new head bolts and also have the head resurfaced , and that should last along time . [Make shure to torque the head in three steps........

Comment

Originally posted by slowaccord View Post
                        You used it on your car and holds up fine?
                        no issues with it, but i'm naturally aspirated. my block and head were tested straight and i installed brand new head studs from honda as well as the valve cover gasket set and intake and exhaust manifolds as they were replaced when replacing the head gasket.

i do not know how much forced induction these gaskets can withstand. my last turbo project i went to cometic.com and ordered from them. that was for a toyota 4age back about eight years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by old honda tek View Post
                          if i were you i would buy a honda gasket and new head bolts and also have the head resurfaced , and that should last along time . [Make shure to torque the head in three steps........
                          word.

however, turbo changes the conditions under which these parts must perform.

Comment

oh... P.S. if you're going to be getting into the engine anyway, get ARP head studs. forced induction increases the compression in the combustion chamber and you want those things to keep that cylinder head down!

Comment

Originally posted by apalileo View Post
                              oh... P.S. if you're going to be getting into the engine anyway, get ARP head studs. forced induction increases the compression in the combustion chamber and you want those things to keep that cylinder head down!
                              i agree with the arp head studs, but will have to disagree with the turbo increasing compression.
                              it does however increase combustion,more air+more fuel=more combustion, resulting in the need for stronger head fasteners(being studs or bolts, preferably studs)
                              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Working...
                              X