Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

no pressure in clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no pressure in clutch

i have a 90 cb7 i replaced the clutch,pressure plate,master,and slave an still got no pressure and i bleed it for maddd long can some1 help

I'm having the same issue. It could be due to a faulty cylinder, or improper installation. Have you bled it to the point of having no air bubbles in the line?

Comment

yea i bleed it for four hours. i get a lil pressure but not enough to put the car in gear an i get no bubbles

did u fix urs

Comment

That's EXACTLY where I'm at!

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the clutch engagement level needs to be adjusted, where the pedal is connected to the master cylinder...

I haven't fixed it yet. It's been nearly 2 years... I haven't had time.

Comment

yea thats when i got a little pressure when i adjusted it but i ran out of rod lol

Comment

Damn, that was my last hope. I'm going to tow it to a dealership and have one of the guys there use a machine to bleed it... maybe that will work.

Comment

actually thers a trick i learned.....
              1. u need a extra guy
              2.1 guy pump clutch
              3.hold the presser plate fork in as hard as u can so when he pushes the clutch down it pushs the slave cylender and ur hand out.
              4.pump 10 times while doing this/\/\
              5.bleed normally
              what this does is it will build presser faster than normal.i got mine done with no air in 10 pumps.
              the reason why it gets so much air in the system is when u change slave/master theres no fluid unless u bench bleed it first.
              and last but not least check for leaks.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                actually thers a trick i learned.....
                1. u need a extra guy
                2.1 guy pump clutch
                3.hold the presser plate fork in as hard as u can so when he pushes the clutch down it pushs the slave cylender and ur hand out.
                4.pump 10 times while doing this/\/\
                5.bleed normally
                what this does is it will build presser faster than normal.i got mine done with no air in 10 pumps.
                the reason why it gets so much air in the system is when u change slave/master theres no fluid unless u bench bleed it first.
                and last but not least check for leaks.
                this work for mine my friend did this one to my car when it didn't had pressure

Comment

Seriously, I doubt this is a hydraulic issue at all.

Try this:

Put the front of the car up safely and then start the engine. Ask a friend to try to put the car in reverse afteryou press sideways on the clutch release fork with a stick or something in the same place and direction where and in which the clutch slave cylinder pushrod pushes. Yell "switch" to him to have him move the gearshift lever to reverse without pressing on the clutch pedal. After he yells "ok", release pressure on the release fork and see if the wheels start to rotate.

If he's able to move the gearshift lever into reverese and then the wheels start to move in reverse after you've let go of the release fork, you know that the problem is before the clutch release fork--so the problem is the hydraulics.

If he's not able to move the gearshift lever into reverse, then the problem is not with the hydraulics but something at or after the clutch release fork.

I say ask him to shift into reverse just in case the car drops--the car will move away from you, not over you.

This will test whether the problem is in the hydraulic system per se or in your installation of the clutch components.
                  Last edited by batever; 09-04-2010, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I'm quite sure that my issue is hydraulic. I changed all the clutch components. This wasn't my first clutch install (though the first time doing the hydraulics), and I had help from half a dozen knowledgeable members of this forum. I have full pedal travel, currently with partial pressure, and I don't believe the release fork is moving at all yet.

The procedure that 92smokeaccord suggested is something that my friend's dad did. I haven't tried that yet. It worked on my friend's CB, so maybe it'll work on mine!

Comment

thanks ill try wat u said 92smoke accord

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        I'm quite sure that my issue is hydraulic. I changed all the clutch components. This wasn't my first clutch install (though the first time doing the hydraulics), and I had help from half a dozen knowledgeable members of this forum. I have full pedal travel, currently with partial pressure, and I don't believe the release fork is moving at all yet.

The procedure that 92smokeaccord suggested is something that my friend's dad did. I haven't tried that yet. It worked on my friend's CB, so maybe it'll work on mine!
                        humm full pedal and no clutch..are u sure that the banjo fitting that turns in to the rubber line to the tranny isnt bad.iv seen them get cloged.but also scence u have a full pedal have some one check to see if ur fork is moving when u push the clutch in.if it moves then all u need to do is adjust the pedal presser at the clutch.
                        Originally posted by gscb7 View Post
                        thanks ill try wat u said 92smoke accord
                        if it works let us kno.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

o i reread what u wrote and thought hard about it...it seems from what ur saying is that ur at the point were u dont have to manuely pull the pedal from the floor but u dont have enough to push the clutch fork out/in.in that case u still have air in the lines u should try what i said above,it will help build more presser than pumping all day long.ur fork should be moving a tiny bit like 1-3mm and slowly sink back in to the slave while the peddle is still pushed in.if it does this then u deffently have air in the system.

my new turbo build

Comment

I ran a line directly from the slave bleeder to the master cylinder reservoir, and I'm no longer pumping air through... so if there's air somewhere, the range of motion that I have with my pedal isn't getting it out.

Comment

yea i have a lil pressure just not enough to get into gear so i think ! of my lines could not be sealed the right way so ima replace then an bleed the whole system again and c if that works if not ima leave it for @ months untill i do my swap and have them check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X