Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How 2 Make an F22A6 get more Power 4 Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How 2 Make an F22A6 get more Power 4 Cheap

I got a 92 cb7 with an F22a6 i wont more power than wat is got 4 cheap wat can i do

h23 plenum and double stack just did that to mine its a big difference i bought the whole h23 manifold with TB and all sensors for $25
    Originally posted by steezyteg
    lmfao rota 5 star dude theyre called rota slipstreams

Comment

aftermarket camshaft, lighter flywheel, h23 or h22 trans for better speed, theres alot of things to upgrade that motor.

Comment

So mostly any part from an h22 or h23 fit in it??

Comment

no..bassically what you can use from a h22/23 is the intake manifold and trans..if im not mistaken

#3MR 91 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=186456
          #2MR 90 sedan: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...51#post2867651
          #1MR 93 coupe: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176343

Comment

oohh ok n is xtd a good brand 4 clutch?

Comment

here's a thread that is from a few months ago...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162658

btw... the search button still works great. also, there's a better way to search the site using google, but i can't remember exactly how.
              Frost White CB9: EX F22A6 Stock 5spd - Click Here

Comment

Weight reduction is free. who needs air conditioning, power steering, windshield wiper fluid, cruise control, carpet, or seats anyways?

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rob_is_legend View Post
                  Weight reduction is free. who needs air conditioning, power steering, windshield wiper fluid, cruise control, carpet, or seats anyways?
                  tried that weight reduction b4 is 2 hot in fl 2 have no ac i already got rid of the cruise control n da power steering n the washer fluid thing 2.. but cant let go of the sets

Comment

remove your balance shaft belt, it will improve some HP and faster RPM's...
                    the less rotation mass there is on a motor the more HP it will release.
                    there alot of hidden power on these motors bro.

Comment

Originally posted by matapista View Post
                      tried that weight reduction b4 is 2 hot in fl 2 have no ac i already got rid of the cruise control n da power steering n the washer fluid thing 2.. but cant let go of the sets
                      I went without AC in Alabama for three years. You can do it.

My 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX Thread

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                        remove your balance shaft belt, it will improve some HP and faster RPM's...
                        the less rotation mass there is on a motor the more HP it will release.
                        there alot of hidden power on these motors bro.
                        cool how bout clutch is xtd a good brand im in a very tight budget so not trying 2 go 2 cheao but n 2 expensive eather

Comment

XTD will blow up and damage your car. I know from experience.

Kid, don't cheap out. Do it right, and do it ONCE. You're trying to do things on a budget, and I can tell already that you're looking to buy the cheapest shit "performance" parts that you can to make more power.

First, maintain and restore your engine. It makes about 120whp in stock form. Chances are, at it's current age and condition, it's making under 100whp. Replace seals and gaskets, replace your ignition components, replace sensors, set your idle and ignition timing properly (all this info can be found in the "technical" part of this forum) You will regain any lost performance.

Next, learn about the parts you are replacing. Certain parts seem like a good idea, but are really just a waste of money (like a cheap header, or "straight through" cat from ebay). Learn what parts you need to achieve your goals, and learn the difference between the cheap and expensive brands. Get only the things that will actually help you reach your goals. Don't buy cheap shit. Don't spend money on parts you don't need (do you NEED a new clutch? you certainly don't need a "performance" clutch until you're making over 200whp... you'll only be wasting your time and money otherwise.)

And finally... stop typing like you're 7 years old. You will be treated like an idiot kid if you present yourself as such.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaCB7sb View Post
                            no..bassically what you can use from a h22/23 is the intake manifold and trans..if im not mistaken
                            So if I have a F22a4, and I'm planning on putting on the a6 intake manifold for more oomph, I could just skip that and go directly to the h22/23 intake manifold for even bigger bang?

And deever, I used proper punctuation and spell checked this before posting!
                            Last edited by H.M.; 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM. Reason: 2 sh0w deever ikh 2 spel rite
                            90 Accord Ex, F22A4. Slight fire damage.

Comment

Originally posted by H.M. View Post
                              So if I have a F22a4, and I'm planning on putting on the a6 intake manifold for more oomph, I could just skip that and go directly to the h22/23 intake manifold for even bigger bang?
                              Only the H23 manifold will fit. The H22 manifold will not bolt to the F22A head. The plenum (upper half) is identical between the H22 and H23, though. The plenum will bolt to the F22A manifold's lower half.

Also, the H22/H23 throttle body will be necessary. The F22A throttle body will not bolt on.

Comment

Working...
                              X