Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

worn axles??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worn axles??

whats up cb lovers? alright im haveing some issue with my wheels or axels when the front driver side wheel moves sound kinda hard to explain but to me it sounds like something rubbing (just have regular steelies). i feel like it might be my axle is done?? i hade this issue with my old cb 92 accord when i had 240 rims but when i put my steelies the sound went away. but im haveing the same issue WITH my steelies! lol what kinda symptomes would a worn axle have? thanks for the input.

worn axle= vibrations, clicking, knocking, clunking etc.

have you pulled the wheel off to see where its rubbing or what?
    COUPE K24

Comment

no nun of that. just this rubing noise. i took the wheel off and when i spin the hub i kind of here it alittle. what could it be u think

ps. ur cb looks sick dude XD

Comment

Does the sound get noisier as you go faster? Worn bearings maybe?

Comment

yes! yes! yes! sound drives me insane.. like wheel bearings right? think its expensive to replace?? think i can do it myself? sry about the questions just wanted to do it right the first time. some wierdo told me to get new tires. lol

Comment

I think just getting a new hub would be easier, they are cheapish, and easy to put on. Just go ahead and change them both, if you have the funds of course.

Here's a price from auto zone....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par.../N-iwry5Z6o2ny

Well they're not that cheap.... lol. sorry.

Comment

Yes, wheel bearings. Some tires have tread patterns that are noisy (like snow tires) but I don't think that's the case here.

Anyways, changing them isn't too difficult but they can be if the bearing is seized into the hub real good. MOST of the time, I can bang then out using longer bolts from the backside of the knuckle. You will need a 36mm socket and a nice long breaker bar for the hub/axle nut, 12 point 10mm socket, and balljoint popper/remover to get the lower balljoint out of the lower arm so you can get the axle out of the way. Removing the hub from the bearing can be a pain if you don't know what you are doing so that may be something to get a machine shop to do.

Comment

Put the front of the car up on jack stands. Be sure the car is secure, and will not move.
                Grab each wheel by "12 and 6" (as on a clock), and push with one hand, pull with the other. Alternate. If there is play in the wheel when you do that, you have a bad wheel bearing, and it must be replaced.

Personally, I'd invest in TASauto's Rotor-over-hub conversion at the same time. The bearings are included, and it will make replacing your brakes MUCH easier in the future. For a little more, they even have big brake upgrades.

Comment

o r a cl roh
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                  i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Working...
                  X