Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Good pistons for inc. comp.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pistons for inc. comp.?

Is there good pistons made for F22A1 which would increase compression? I looked the bisimoto site but the bore is 86mm. Don't want to mess my engine with resizing too much.

I doubt you'll find higher comp pistons having same size as your stock ones. If your want higher comp, your gonna have to go overbore. 1mm overbore isn't that bad really. Plus those bisimoto ones are sweeet!

Comment

actually they do make the 85mm bore...which is ur stock size...call them and talk to randy hes cool.they make there own stuff or can have them made but eaither way u still have to hone the block and get new rings.

my new turbo build

Comment

Most of the aftermarket piston manufacturers will make you a set of hi-comp 85mm pistons for the F22A*. Call and talk to the boys at Race Engineering they can set you up with whatever comp ratio pistons you require as well. There are a number of shops that sell aftermarket pistons, depends on what brand your looking for.

RaceEngineering is where I got these Wiseco bad boys; These aren't 85mm but they are custom compression ratio and compression height. $500

Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-27-2010, 09:06 AM.
        MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for A+ answers to everybody! This is rare that you get this kind of answers right away. What do you suggest that is reasonable to do? To get the 85mm pistons or 86mm? I'm not building a drag racing car, just to get a little more kick out of it. Would like to hear arguments about money vs gain vs work to do? I'm still a kind of noobie with the whole piston thing.

Comment

well from my opinion, and again this is simply my opinion,

I would go with an 86mm setup, you only have to bore the cylinders out 1mm which isnt bad and it gives you a fresh surface to work with.

Bearing that in mind we have pistons for you no issue, depending on what setup you want to do we can accomadate whatever you are looking to build.

With this in mind we can build you a custom setup with whatever compression you would like. If you want a set of pistons shoot me an email and I will get you squared away:

Randy@Bisimoto.com
            Bisimoto Engineering
            Randy@Bisimoto.com
            (888)-922-6686

Comment

Originally posted by randull View Post
              well from my opinion, and again this is simply my opinion,

I would go with an 86mm setup, you only have to bore the cylinders out 1mm which isnt bad and it gives you a fresh surface to work with.

Bearing that in mind we have pistons for you no issue, depending on what setup you want to do we can accomadate whatever you are looking to build.

With this in mind we can build you a custom setup with whatever compression you would like. If you want a set of pistons shoot me an email and I will get you squared away:

Randy@Bisimoto.com
              Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. You make shipments to Finland?

Comment

Originally posted by MrSpeedy View Post
                Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. You make shipments to Finland?
                Definitely!

Just let me know what you need and I will get you taken care of!
                Bisimoto Engineering
                Randy@Bisimoto.com
                (888)-922-6686

Comment

Working...
                X