Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help on my project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help on my project.

The car has a few issues.

The car starts only when it wants to. Sometimes it will start right up shut it off and then 5 minutes later when you try to start it again you get nothing. No crank at all. I wonder if this is a commen problem? It seems electrical to me.

Also the car dies if the A/C is on at idle. On the highway its okay as long as you have some rpm. If you slow down to idle the car dies. Any ideas?

I was wondering what the input aorund here was on the best swap to be had. I may go boosted later but I want plug and play power.

Thanks for the help in advance
    Alex
    Last edited by rbpwrd240; 08-29-2010, 10:44 PM. Reason: cleaned up my two threads.

SWAP:

- H22A is the cheapest and most easiest swap to be done in a CB chassis.

ISSUES:

- Check your main relay for cracks on solder joints.
    - Main relay is located above the kickpanel fusebox , right above the cruise control box. It will read MITSUBA , Power relay 12V. Open that up and see for anything unusual.
    - It could also be the igniter on the distributor. These are prone to go cookie once the car has warmed up.
    - Also check if you are getting fuel into the engine.

A/C:
    - Clean your IACV and/or adjust your idle.

ADDITIONAL:
    - Stay clam and eat cake , umm no , make them explode!

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Alex,
      Your main relay is probably okay. Three things to check to diagnose:
      Turn key position to ON
      1. Does check engine light should go off? If no, then ECU or main relay could be bad.
      2. Is there a click heard when check engine light goes off? If no, main relay is dead.
      3. Does the fuel pump run for 2 seconds while check engine light is on? If no, fuel pump may be dead, or main relay solder joints are bad.

If you're engine is not cranking, there is another issue. Check your grounds and make sure they are clean and solid. The circuit for the starter is Ignition Switch -> Neutral Safety Switch (auto transmission) -> Starter Solenoid -> Starter. I've heard that there are sometimes issues with the ignition cylinders on CB7s, so make sure the solenoid is getting the signal before you replace it. I believe the solenoid is attached to the starter (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), and oddly enough, is more expensive to replace by itself than the entire starter unit. So if the starter is getting the signal, you should just replace the whole thing.

As far as IACV goes, it’s the one in the red box in the picture below. Just take it off and blast its guts with carb cleaner. It would be good to go to a Honda dealer and get a new gasket for it too, but you can probably get away without it. Since you’re in there, you might want to clean out those other units in the picture as well. Also, the throttle body would be a good idea. You can get a new gasket for that at your local auto parts store.

Comment

The starting issues could also be due to dirty or loose battery cables.

In the future, please make your thread titles more descriptive. You will get more help, and other people that search in the future will be able to find your thread and hopefully find help with a similar problem.

Comment

it could be many more issues than that as well.

fuel, spark, air. check the first two and get back to us or search around GL

life is good.

Comment

"The car starts only when it wants to. Sometimes you start it right up shut it off and then 5 minutes later when you try to start it again you get nothing No crank at all.. I wonder if this is a commen problem?"

out of all this....did u even check the starter??
            Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

The shutting off thing wouldn't be the starter. It's more likely an electrical issue.

Comment

It's not likely an electrical issue. If you re-read the post, it only stalls when A/C is on and engine is idling. The idle is not adjusting to the load of the A/C compressor, so it's stalling when he doesn't have his foot on the gas.

Comment

Thanks for all the input so far guys. I cleaned up this threads title and subject matter. Sorry about the confusion.

The problem with the car starting seems to be electrical since I can wait five minutes and it will start again. Also since it happens randomly with no pattern that I can see that also tells me it might be electrical. I am getting fuel spark and air.

I will clean my IACV and the other things you listed to see if it helps with the A/C.
                  I will also check my main relay for cracks in welds and wires.

I guess H22A from any OBD-1 car will work for the best bang for the buck swap? Is it a better soluion then a G series hybrid or other crazy swap with steller performance?

Thanks for all the help guys
                  Alex

Comment

Hybrid motors are a bad idea.

There is an entire section of this site dedicated to swaps. Read through it. You'll get plenty of ideas.

The H22A is great for bolt-in power, but not a very good choice for turbo if you're a beginner. The F22A you have now is a better turbo option.

Comment

Working...
                    X