Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

automatic to a 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automatic to a 5 speed

what is the general cost to change a automatic to a 5 speed, including all expenses. its a 91 lx.

If your getting someone else to do it I was told $1500 to $2000 for me locally.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

mndude07 has a whole spreadsheet that he made up to keep track of all the parts that came up that he had to buy, i'll ask him when i seem him at the house tomorrow.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

thanks that spreadsheet would be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
          If your getting someone else to do it I was told $1500 to $2000 for me locally.

that is pricey, I use to have a 92 civic hatch automatic, I got quotes for $500-800 to do a auto to 5spd swap. Its better for you to get all the parts together, It took me a year to get all the parts from the junk, but the thing that suck was, I gathered all these parts and never ended up doing the damn auto to 5spd. I just sold it and got a 92 gs-r.

Comment

well.im doin jabercb7s auto to 5 speed swap and the parts alone ran him about 1100 dollers.

my new turbo build

Comment

well it depends one how well you can search up parts. im currently doing my auto to 5speed and roughly ive spent somewhere between $900 and $1400. Im doing all the labor myself along with 92smokeaccord. Its wise to do all the preventive maintenance since your gonna have motor out anyways. heres a brief list with prices

tranny: free - $400
              master cylinder: $65
              slave cylinder: $20
              clutch and brake pedal assembly: $30-$50
              5 speed engine harness: $30-$50
              shifter assembly: $20-40
              clutch lines: $30-$50
              starter: $30-$50
              misc: $100-$400 (this varies, remember to keep all the bolts to any parts you get, this is also for any little problems, buying the new oils, cleaning products, and if you decide to give the engine a quick tune up)

Then you have to choose wether to weld a stock 5spd tranny bracket: $50 at dealer if im correct or buy ESP auto to 5speed mount kit $275

Im trying to do it right so ive gotten as many new partts as i could, come check out the process here

for a better list of parts needed check here

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
              When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Interesting, I've wanted to do this as well. But with over 1k. I can just buy another cb that is manual then swap my parts over to that and use the auto as a beater... But that would depend if the manual shell is cleaner. I havenst asked anyone locally yet either. I will keep in touch with this thread
                Do I turn left when nothings right? Or do I turn right when nothings left?

Comment

You can always find the parts cheaper if you look hard enough. I have seen them go for 3-500 full swap with out the esp mounts. But i live in nyc so that might make things different for us.

Comment

Originally posted by burgandycb7 View Post
                    Interesting, I've wanted to do this as well. But with over 1k. I can just buy another cb that is manual then swap my parts over to that and use the auto as a beater... But that would depend if the manual shell is cleaner. I havenst asked anyone locally yet either. I will keep in touch with this thread
                    thats what i tried to do. i tried to trade my cb for a manual one and IF it was in better condition i was willing to give cash on top but couldnt find anyone, took me about 4 to 6 weeks to get everything and im still getting few little parts here and there, i didnt just drop 1k on all the parts, i first bought the esp mounts and i went down the list from biggest part (shape) and price

Originally posted by winston101 View Post
                    You can always find the parts cheaper if you look hard enough. I have seen them go for 3-500 full swap with out the esp mounts. But i live in nyc so that might make things different for us.
                    its all about searching. friend of mine got the all the lines, slave cyl, master cyl, pedal and shifter assembly for $150 on CL in "like new" condition

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by JaberCB7 View Post
                      thats what i tried to do. i tried to trade my cb for a manual one and IF it was in better condition i was willing to give cash on top but couldnt find anyone, took me about 4 to 6 weeks to get everything and im still getting few little parts here and there, i didnt just drop 1k on all the parts, i first bought the esp mounts and i went down the list from biggest part (shape) and price

its all about searching. friend of mine got the all the lines, slave cyl, master cyl, pedal and shifter assembly for $150 on CL in "like new" condition
                      If you are really wanting that manual conversion, shit i'd go for it. I can probably find/get some parts for free from some of my relatives. It would be pretty sweet. Manual is alot more fun to drive. But not when on the phone or other things that require the other hand to hold haha.
                      Do I turn left when nothings right? Or do I turn right when nothings left?

Comment

Originally posted by burgandycb7 View Post
                        If you are really wanting that manual conversion, shit i'd go for it. I can probably find/get some parts for free from some of my relatives. It would be pretty sweet. Manual is alot more fun to drive. But not when on the phone or other things that require the other hand to hold haha.
                        yep...no more eating, texting, calling or scratching the sack while driving....look on the bright side, less chance of having an accident

Comment

Working...
                        X