Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

weird vibration noise and feel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird vibration noise and feel

got a new megan heasers and a no name cat back,i just install a universal converter today and it start making a weird and vibration noise and feel.when i step on the gas and rpm hits 2000k it start that noise and goes away at higher rpm.does anybody know this problem or had similar problem before.any help would be appreciated.

I can barely understand you... what's a megan heasers? Do you have difficulty with the English language? (if you are new to the language, I mean no offense... if not, then please type so we can understand you!)

Do you feel the vibration, or just hear a rasp? If you're hearing a loud rasping sound, that would be because you used cheap products from the engine all the way back. That is common. If you feel a vibration, check to make sure all exhaust hangers are intact and being used. Make sure all bolts are tight. And make sure all engine mounts are in place and in good condition (if they aren't, replace them.)

Comment

Even a Little Kid Understand that He Meant to Say Headers
      How Come Every Little Thing Bothers u Oh Bitch About it ??

Comment

Originally posted by alvarado626 View Post
        Even a Little Kid Understand that He Meant to Say Headers
        How Come Every Little Thing Bothers u Oh Bitch About it ??
        how about you disrespect the owner of the site and spam at the same time?
        that is a great way to make new friends mr. 4 posts. you probably got previously banned and now made a new account.

as far the the op goes i would say dont use shitty products next time and you wont have the same poroblem next time. i was thinking the shaking was probably motor mounts.
        Parts For Sale
        BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

stop it kids .... its a car site he asked a question in bad english but geeze my man ......... i understood it it was not that hard lol the d beside the s
          Originally posted by deevergote
          This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
          i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

mine does it at like 3k, i have megan headers too, dont really know about the brand of the cat. just that its high flow. it doesnt sound like catastrophic failure so i would just keep an eye out if it gets worse then worry. and yea stay away from ebay shiznit!

Comment

Ok I’m not one to be a dick but damn.

I’ll try and correct this insult to bad grammar.

"I got a new megan header and a no name cat back, I just installed a universal converter today and it started making a weird vibration and noise. When I step on the gas and the rpm hits 2000k it starts that noise and goes away at higher rpms. Does anybody know what this problem is or had a similar problem before? Any help would be appreciated."

Double check all your bolts and exhaust contact points. Did you install a new gasket?

Comment

I'm totally not an expert on exhaust, I just know a little. But here are my thoughts:

Do you have a resonator on your catback? Because if you don't that may the cause of the noise. Or if you have one but it isn't tuned quite right to the engine.

Both mufflers and resonators work by bouncing sound waves back towards the engine in such a way that the reflected waves tend to cancel out the incoming waves. If the dimensions of the resonator are off a bit then that might cause a prominent noise at a particular engine RPM. given my background in music, it also occurs to me that if the length of an uninterruped exhaust section is just right (or wrong) then that whole section could get to vibrating at a particular frequency. It's called a "resonance frequency", which means that a string or pipe of a given length will start vibrating in sympathy when it is hit by a sound wave that matches the natural vibration frequency of the pipe or string.

Another issue is that when you installed the universal catalytic converter, did you lengthen or shorten the overall piping length in a way that caused the noise, based upon the principles of vibration that I have outlined above.

There are a lot of factors here.

Or you could just have a vibration problem due to loose connections or whatever as others have suggested.
                Last edited by batever; 08-19-2010, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Someone had similar problems and they discribed it as "horrible creaking in front end". It turned out to be their exhaust rubbing.

The clearance was somehow affected with a newly installed header where at certain rpms (in acceleration causing vibrations) the exhaust (down pipe i think) will hit and rub as the clearances were no longer sufficient.

Check that its not the same in your case.

Visually inspect and where you cant see feel the clearances around your exhausts from the header back. It may be the same issue.
                  Last edited by JDMDriver; 08-19-2010, 08:39 AM.
                  Rides:

Accord
                  92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                  95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                  91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Grab the exhaust (when it's cool enought to touch) and jiggle it around. Does it move much? If it does, then you don't have it hung correctly and thats part of the problem. You also might be able to move it enough to find what is causing the noise. If not, then get a buddy to sit in the car and slowly rev the engine until it starts causing the problem. While this is going on, lay on the ground next to the car and visually and aurally check to make sure that you aren't hearing heat shield rattle, and that everything is tight and not touching the underbody anyplace. Put the OEM catalytic convertor back on the car and see if the problem goes away. It's possible that your universal cat is hitting the underside of the car through a certain RPM range.

Comment

its more than likely your downpipe, theres a bracket that bolts to the back side of the motor...did you bolt that? when i bought my cheap ebay exhaust that bracket didnt line up so i just left it hanging and i was getting the same weird vibration around 2k. SO like Dev also suggested, go back down there and make sure your using all of your hangers and that everything is bolted up the way it should.....Oh and by the way, i had to bend my downpipe bracket to get it to bolt to the motor and one side of the bracket broke off so youll need to get that welded if you dont want a leak

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I have all the gasket,I'm using every hanger and the down pipe didn't line up correctly,the problem is more like a grinding noise everytime I accelerate around 2k rpm it also happen when turning left or right

Comment

Originally posted by cb786 View Post
                          I have all the gasket,I'm using every hanger and the down pipe didn't line up correctly,the problem is more like a grinding noise everytime I accelerate around 2k rpm it also happen when turning left or right
                          thats what im saying, downpipe on ebay exhaust doesnt line up correctly and right infront of the o2 sensor theres a bracket

look at the end of downpipe, that bracket is causing the grinding if its NOT bolted to backside of motor, you kinda have to bend it to make it fit, most likely it will break on one side but thats ok, get it to line up first then get it welded

oh and btw thats not an ebay exhaust, im just trying to point it out

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

If you take the bracket off the motor and flip it it usually fits cheap headers, but it will also crack the weld on the downpipe of a cheap header so i take the plate completly off the block. Theres no clicking clankin or any crazy sounds comin from my exhaust

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                            sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                            bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

incase u dont know, i took some pics of my exhaust to show it doesnt line up, and the bracket part that needs bending

Comment

Working...
                              X