Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

K24 Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K24 Opinions?

I can get a k24 that doesn't run for free. I'm thinking I'll just build that on an engine stand, throw it in my accord and boost it. I know it's been done before. I'm thinking it's probably better than building an f22 for boost
    IG: H2wagon
    https://www.youtube.com/@H2wagon

Originally posted by gotboost? View Post
    I can get a k24 that doesn't run for free. I'm thinking I'll just build that on an engine stand, throw it in my accord and boost it. I know it's been done before. I'm thinking it's probably better than building an f22 for boost
    this is a subject that has been discussed too many times. do your research. i cant stress that enough. and which ever works out for your budget or what you wanna do, go with that. And dont worry about others opinions on what you should do with your car.

good luck with what ever you do
    MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

"throwing it in the car" will cost you a couple thousand dollars, if you don't know how to weld and fabricate yourself.

Honestly, an F22A can make more power with boost than you'll ever be able to safely use on the street. 500whp fully built is not difficult.

My advice... snag that K24, sell it, and use the money it brings in towards an F22 build.

Comment

agreed wit deev...the k24 swap is nice but money to power ratio...stick with the f or go h,either way is going to be much cheaper than the k..motor mounts alone go for like 600 bucks or so..to me is nice if i had the cash..but since i dont..im sticking with the h unless i find a deal like you did..good luck with your plans!

Comment

I have to agree with everyone here. Get the K and sell it for whatever you can.

Use that money and try to get an H or just rebuild your F.
          Trust me, unless you got the money to put down, its not worth it.
          You have to be 100% committed.

Comment

I would suggest fixing whatever's wrong with the K, then selling it for far more than you would get for a non-running motor.

Use the profits to build and tune your F.

Comment

it is by no means cheap. the cheapest you can do the swap is about $3500. thats on a stock ecu and a stock k24.

as far as fixing it and reselling it, you wont make much money. you can get k24 longblock for about $300-$500. you will spend close to that or more fixing it if its not running.
              MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                "throwing it in the car" will cost you a couple thousand dollars, if you don't know how to weld and fabricate yourself.

Honestly, an F22A can make more power with boost than you'll ever be able to safely use on the street. 500whp fully built is not difficult.

My advice... snag that K24, sell it, and use the money it brings in towards an F22 build.

seriously i have not seen a K24 for under $5000. so if you could rebuild it and do a quality job you should. then you could sell it and have enough money to either buy an h series and swap it in or rebuild your f and boost either engine and still have coin left over.

deev is right that swap is very expensive. unless you are very dedicated and rich you should just follow deev's advice.

the k24 is a badass swap though. it looks fucking nice in a cb7 and it will be more rare than a h swap.

ultimately it is your ride and your $ going into it. so if you want to swap a 15.7L diesel into your cb, then fuck it go for it.
                Parts For Sale
                BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Not only do u gotta spend the money to get it running. Dont u als have to change ur fuel pump? Either way i would juss stick wit doin the F or H. I mean if ur goin to the race tracks or something and u ave the money then maybe u should consider the K.

Comment

thanks for all the replies guys. i'll pick it up and see whats wrong, and how much it'll be to fix. then throw it up on craigslist. why is the h22 swap so much more popular than the h23? I'll probably do the h23 due to the fact that its cheaper since its not as popular

Comment

Originally posted by gotboost? View Post
                      thanks for all the replies guys. i'll pick it up and see whats wrong, and how much it'll be to fix. then throw it up on craigslist. why is the h22 swap so much more popular than the h23? I'll probably do the h23 due to the fact that its cheaper since its not as popular

H22 has more power.

'90 Accord EX(project)
                      '88 CRX SI(DD)-SOLD
                      '95 Prelude SIVTEC-SOLD

Comment

I really don't see the, what, 10 hp difference as a big deal? the h23a dohc vtec motor has a little more torque. Which is nice considering the h22a is kinda lacking in torque. given these are all i4s

Comment

It's a 30-40hp difference between the H22A and H23A1. That is the H23 that you see so cheap... the 160hp USDM Prelude one.

The H23A VTEC motor is an OBD2 motor that comes from a Japanese Accord. They're not very cheap, and often hard to come by. Being OBD2, you're not going to be able to run the proper ECU without serious work... so you'll most likely end up running the H22's P13 ECU. Of course, the P13 is tuned pretty rich anyway, so it's not a terrible option. It just won't run the H23 as it should.
                          The H23 VTEC engine is also not intended for performance. It's similar to the H22 in many ways, but any differences will be difficult to find replacement parts for, if they're specific to that engine.

If you want a swap that gives a nice bump in power, just get the H22. Being different is cool for about 10 seconds... you get over it really quick. Having a car that's fun to drive, and reliable... that lasts quite a bit longer.

Comment

I agree you should keep your f22 or get a h22 and hook those up unless you got some fat pockets.

Comment

on tiger japanese the h23a dohc vtec is cheaper than all the h22a's. it's 590 dollars i believe. the biggest concern is after market parts but i haven't looked into the h23a too much

Comment

Working...
                              X