Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

idle & stalling issue any help appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idle & stalling issue any help appreciated

alright i have a 93 accord with a jdm h22a, motor and tranny have about60k body has 260k. owned it for a couple years now. just a couple of monthes ago it started idleing so low when i came to a stop that alot of times it stalls. also it will start up fairly good when its been sitting for around 30minutes. but say if its warmed up or i go to the convient store and come back out im not going anywhere, so ive been making sure theres a hill when i park cause i can pop the clutch and shell fire right up! SO ive been screwing around trying to get her running right and its KILLING me that my baby just aint running right anymore, so heres a list of what ive covered so far.

-cleaned out iac and did haynes checks on it/ its good
    -cleaned out egr and check it/its good
    -cleaned and adjusted fast idle valve/that helped it not idle so high at startup
    -checked injectors, but just with the screwdriver trick/ there good according to the that
    -checked the injector resistors with haynes check/ there good
    -valves adjusted, and timing is dead on
    -new spark plugs/ and wires, well like 5 monthes on em
    -new rotor button, cleaned dizzy cap metal thingy contacts
    -no aparent vaccum leakes
    -t/b is clean as a whistle
    -checked fuel pump, but i just listening to it and it makes noise whith key turn
    -did the seafoam clean in the gas tank and brake booster today
    -fuel filter is like 2 years old
    -checked main relay, and did probably the worst resodering job ever, but it didnt change anything
    -i took a spark plug wire put an extra plug in it and had someone turn it over and got spark

all i can think is map sensor, fuel pump, fuel relay, starter, or whole dizzy, maybe still the main relay, coil, o2 sensor?, and maybe fuel filter i guess.
    BUT i really dont see why any of these would matter after the car gets hot except the main relay.

PLEASE HELP! any past expierences with this problem or just any help period much appreciated

fuel pump would cause you to have power loss starter shouldn't be it because you have bad idle

Originally posted by deevergote
    He's disappointed in my bulge... it doesn't even come close to being as impressive as his.
    1990 Accord EX
    1996 Civic hatch *gone*
    1994 Integra

Comment

right i feel you, but i guess forgot to mention. when im driving it normal and even gettin on it and bangin vtec everything seems ok. i mean power seems to be there/ its just stoping it wants to stall, and shutting it off it doesnt want to start back up. still possible fuel pump issue?

Comment

10:30 bump

Comment

what ecu do you have? Also, it sounds like an ignition problem, make sure the dizzy is in good shape

SOLD!!
          Boosted H22
          375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

well i dont really kno if its like a p13 or what but it has a sticker on it from previous owner, and it says jk tuning. so i just went to there site and i guess it could possibly be a chipped p28 or maybe he just sent it to them to do something to it and they threw a sticker on it. sorry if i sound like a dummy im not to knowledgable with the ecu part of this stuff. yea man ill defenintly check the coil tommorrow any other things i can check on my dizzy. O and how to tell if my coil is internal or external
            Last edited by h22dude; 08-15-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

midnight bump!

Comment

sounds like you're having issues in closed loop aka warmed up or quick restarts.

now what is used in closed loop? primarily o2 signal, ect, iat...

when WOT is at 4.5v, the ecu enters open loop and only replies on TPS and MAP readings. so in closed loop, something is skewed which is why the motor isnt running healthy. how does the exhaust smell at idle? has syptoms of being way rich at idle.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yes! super rich. and it eats up gas like a dam truck

Comment

bump

Comment

did u adjust the idle u can do it w a small flat screwdiver its on the left of your fuel injection?

Comment

yea if u mean the screw on the throttle body, I did . I can't screw it in all the way though, or my car stalls I've had to back it out like 30 or 40 percent for her to stay running

Comment

you didnt mention anything about the o2. Have you replaced that recently? If it was running fine for awhile and then suddenly started running like crap the o2 might be the issue.
                          -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

idk, i kinda gave him a hint to check o2 and ect. a bad o2 doesnt need to set off a CEL, it could just be right above the criteria.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              idk, i kinda gave him a hint to check o2 and ect. a bad o2 doesnt need to set off a CEL, it could just be right above the criteria.
                              I have had many o2 sensors go bad on my prelude and there isnt a check engine light. I just notice at how poorly it runs, starts and idles.
                              -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

Working...
                              X