Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MAIN RELAY REMOVAL AND REPAIR (more pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAIN RELAY REMOVAL AND REPAIR (more pics)

Since I don't have 30 posts, I will try to respond to this topic, by posting a new topic here. Hopefully the pictures link correctly for people to see.

I have just repaired my Main Relay, and I thought that some additional pictures might be useful to anyone that still needs to make the same repair:

Here is the Main Relay that you are looking to fix:

This shows the Cruise Control Box that must be removed first:

Now you can see the Main Relay, and a black plastic box that is also in the way:

A better view of the Main Relay, and the 2 nuts that need removal:

A typical position needed to access the Main Relay:

The 2 nuts have been removed, and the Main Relay is hanging loose:

The Main Relay has been removed from its platic box:

A closeup of the Main Relay PC Board, showing damaged/cracked solder joints:

The Main Relay PC Board after resoldering all solder joints (solder flux still present):

The repaired Main Relay, ready for installation back in the car:

Good write up. Im sure if you talk to a mod they will put this in the diy section when you reach 30 posts

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Good write up. Im sure if you talk to a mod they will put this in the diy section when you reach 30 posts
      Will do.

It's great to see Newcomers making such an effort. This is a great pictorial to add to the diy's
      Thanks ZonFire99

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
      X