Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

feels like my heater is on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feels like my heater is on

Ok so here is my problem/mystery I would like solve. when ever I drive my car, it feels like the heater is on; specifically on the driver side under the dash. I've try playing around with the fan and temperature knobs and button but nothing seems to change. Any idea where the heat is coming from?

Also my car is a 90 accord auto that i've had for six months and it had been doing this since day 1.

I would love to kno the answer to this too, i havent been able to figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by RobS763 View Post
      I would love to kno the answer to this too, i havent been able to figure it out
      kidding, that makes 3 of us. i thought it was through the hole in the firewall, where all the electrical cables go thru...top of the steering colunm, but nothing. i put sealant thinking it was that, but i get the same thing

Comment

I guess this is more common than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by 2oClockFox View Post
          I've try playing around with the fan and temperature knobs and button but nothing seems to change.
          Is the heat coming out of the vents or just coming out of somewhere that u can't locate?

Comment

you can close the vents...

Comment

Originally posted by s70cs
              I have the same problem. I need to get my AC condencer fix so I can have AC.

wtf? Get the hell out of this guys thread with your giant ass pictures

Comment

I would turn the heater knob to cold and check if the heating valve is actually closing. It is located on the passenger side under the TB, well around there anyway. Its pretty low, like right above the cross member. When you turn the heater knob to cool, there is a cable which closes a valve to disallow the flow of hot water through the heater core. If that valve is not closing properly then you will have hot water in the heater core, and hot air in your car.

Comment

I closed the vents, turn off the fan and it still gets hot. It's weird because it's only on the driver side and under the dash. When i open the vents and turn on the air, cool air actually comes out from the top vents, but under the dash will still be hot. Is there any way to close the lower vents under the dash?

Comment

Is it on recirc or fresh air?
                    Is hot air actually blowing in or just being transferred through the firewall?

Most common problem for hot air, is the heater valve (by the firewall in the engine compartment) is sticking open.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

accordreborn:
                      The last time I check, the heater valve does open and closeI'm but not sure it closes all the way . If it doesn't close all the way, do you know why it only gets hot on the driver side?

evil demon:
                      I've tried it on both settings and it remains the same. I'm not sure if it is heat coming through the fire wall or the vents,but it gets noticably warmer after I drive for about fifteen minutes. I also don't usually notice in the morning on the way to work, but in the evening on the way home from work (30 mins each way) I always notice it.

Comment

I had the same problem and ended up breaking the knob to turn the air on, like i broke the knob and the metal piece behind it. Now all i have to do is take a screwdriver and stick it in the hole and slightly tap the inside and my air goes on full blast lol. and i have yetto find the issue with the heat. :-(

Comment

same here, never noticed it b4, but not too long ago, i started noticing my feet being a bit toasty lol, its weird, but i dnt think its from the heater, because its only under the driver side, no air feels like its coming through, but u can def. feel the toastiness under there

Comment

haha same problem here but it's only every once in a while. i shrugged it off thinking its just the Florida heat.

PSN: DJ-dlatino
                            My ride
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140370

Comment

Same here, I figured it was heat from all the electrical wiring.
                              I have my main relay hanging loose and that gets hot as hell.

short

Comment

Working...
                              X