Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cb7 H22a Swap Help!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cb7 H22a Swap Help!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE POST THIS IN THE SWAP SECTION PLEASE

ok i got a 92 honda accord

i swapped a h22a of course.
    i used my stock wiring harness and i followed all the wiring diagrams to switch is over such asd the knock sensor,the vtec wiring and such.
    i hooked it all up and put the battery in and it wont turn over at all
    im getting fuel and im getting power to the starter cuz i took a mutimeter to it.
    the main relay was humming at first which would indicate a gound problem. i looked around and found that i didnt have the thermostat housing ground on. so i bolted that on and it still doesnt start.
    im not sure what it could be. im not a mechanic at all im just a body man
    so basically at this point i turn the key and i just hear the main relay click
    but it sounds different then how it usually would sound.
    if anyone has any idea's i would be very thankfull
    also if anyone would like to call me my number iis 440-265-0739
    my name is brian

Originally posted by Venom8702 View Post
    CAN SOMEONE POST THIS IN THE SWAP SECTION PLEASE

ok i got a 92 honda accord

i swapped a h22a of course.
    i used my stock wiring harness and i followed all the wiring diagrams to switch is over such asd the knock sensor,the vtec wiring and such.
    i hooked it all up and put the battery in and it wont turn over at all
    im getting fuel and im getting power to the starter cuz i took a mutimeter to it.
    the main relay was humming at first which would indicate a gound problem. i looked around and found that i didnt have the thermostat housing ground on. so i bolted that on and it still doesnt start.
    im not sure what it could be. im not a mechanic at all im just a body man
    so basically at this point i turn the key and i just hear the main relay click
    but it sounds different then how it usually would sound.
    if anyone has any idea's i would be very thankfull
    also if anyone would like to call me my number iis 440-265-0739
    my name is brian
    does your in injectors have ground

Originally posted by deevergote
    .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

injectors are grounded by the ecu...

if the starter isnt turning over, check your engine ground and the negative battery cable needs to be grounded at the chassis and block/transmission
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yeah i'll check those tomorow morning.
        any chance you could send me a pics so i know for sure
        if you could that would be awesome!!!!
        like when i got the engine it was in another accord but it was a utomatic so i used my stock wiring harness.
        someone messaged me about having to add something like 6 more groudns to the wiring harness due to it being vtec and such
        is that true?

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        injectors are grounded by the ecu...

if the starter isnt turning over, check your engine ground and the negative battery cable needs to be grounded at the chassis and block/transmission

Comment

thats not true....not 6 anyways.

so you get power at the big cable at the starter? can you jump it to the starter circuit and have it crank over? this would eliminate the starter itself.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

umm the csmaller plug with the push in plug.
            i took a multimeter and when the key was in start position.
            it read 11 volts
            are they any other grounds i should look for?

QUOTE=wed3k;2600272]thats not true....not 6 anyways.

so you get power at the big cable at the starter? can you jump it to the starter circuit and have it crank over? this would eliminate the starter itself.[/QUOTE]

Comment

not that i know of, if you're grounds are good then it made be the starter solenoid. you're giving it power and ground, it should crank.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

ok im working on it right now.
                i missed one ground. it goes from the neg battery cable.
                at the end where it connects to the battery theres a piece that goes to the chassis well it was gone and im thinking it got ripped off during the engine swap.
                added the new wire and still nothing.
                i looked at the grounds near the transmission and they seem to be connected.
                just for a test i stuck in the wire into the check engine light indictator near the ecu and the check engine light doesnt show anything.
                It just stays on constent. also one thing i noticed the gas light stays on when the keys on.
                im looking all over the place on the engine and i dont see anything that really stands out

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                not that i know of, if you're grounds are good then it made be the starter solenoid. you're giving it power and ground, it should crank.

Comment

Working...
                X