Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Struts & Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Struts & Springs

So I was wondering if riding on stock struts with lowering springs (no idea what the ratio is) is good or bad

no

good the struts are almost 20 years old , reald the suspention forum ,its very dangerous four you and others , ppl say those yellow struts are good , try those

Comment

Originally posted by sn000t View Post
      So I was wondering if riding on stock struts with lowering springs (no idea what the ratio is) is good or bad
      I did it on my prelude for a long time with no problems, but I would recommend doing struts and springs at the same time. Once I swapped mine the ride was a whole new experience. You have to get in there anyway, why not save yourself the time on down the road. I like my yellow Koni's with ground control coilovers. I went up to the 400lb springs in the front and 300lb springs in the back. Its a real nice ride.
      -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

Originally posted by dyfin4life View Post
        good the struts are almost 20 years old , reald the suspention forum ,its very dangerous four you and others , ppl say those yellow struts are good , try those
        I am not even sure what your trying to say.
        -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

i basically said

20 year old struts are no good , enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by boostedlude3g View Post
            I did it on my prelude for a long time with no problems, but I would recommend doing struts and springs at the same time. Once I swapped mine the ride was a whole new experience. You have to get in there anyway, why not save yourself the time on down the road. I like my yellow Koni's with ground control coilovers. I went up to the 400lb springs in the front and 300lb springs in the back. Its a real nice ride.
            a lot of people do the aftermarket springs on stock struts and then step it up. i'm guilty of it on several of my cars. that ground-control/koni setup wins every time! i had a cd5 back in the day and i had eibach sportlines on koni yellows and eventually stepped up to ground-controls (i don't remember my spring rates though, i think they were a touch softer all around than your 400/300lb but it was the business!)

as for the OP... it's definitely doable, but remember it's just new springs on stock (possibly blown) struts. please don't drive like it's more than that!

edit: peace
            Last edited by apalileo; 08-06-2010, 04:34 PM. Reason: kindness
            1993 Accord DX | Rosewood Brown Metallic

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

I suggest using the search bar for this one before you go ahead.

Comment

i got kyb shocks with skunk 2 coils and its a good setup i love it but i need to replace mine i had them for about 4 years so its about time

Comment

DO NOT ride on stock shocks when lowering your car. If they're not already blown, they will blow soon enough. Blown shocks will actually cause your wheels to leave the ground over bumps, cornering, and hard braking. If your wheel isn't on the ground, as you can imagine, you can't control your car. Your live isn't worth risking to save a couple hundred bucks.

KYB doesn't make anything that is designed to work with a significant drop.

Match your shocks to your drop and your spring rate, or you're going to run into trouble. If this is too complicated for you, or too expensive (the CHEAPEST safe suspension setup should cost no less than $500 with new parts...) then I suggest you choose another area of your car to work on. Suspension and brakes are the two things you should NEVER halfass.

Comment

Oem maybe you can, if they are new, if they are old, forget about it.
                      wat?

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
                        Oem maybe you can, if they are new, if they are old, forget about it.
                        New ones just won't blow as fast. They still won't be properly matched to the springs, and would still be quite dangerous.

Why does everyone seem to think there's a cheap and easy way to do this? You HAVE to have proper shocks. You HAVE to have quality springs. You HAVE to get an alignment. A camber kit is highly recommended, especially if you lower your car more than 2".

That's it. Your options lie within those parameters. If you can't do that, please don't touch your suspension. For your safety, and the safety of others on the road.

Comment

Do this.
                          wat?

Comment

Stock springs on Konis?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                              Stock springs on Konis?
                              Then you dont have to worry about buying shocks when you get springs
                              wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X