Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

new car, can't identify this tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new car, can't identify this tranny

Ok guys, I just bought a 95' civic ex, its swapped with an h23a vtec (blue top) and I cannot figure out where my tranny came from! Its a 5 speed tranny with cable shift, serial number : T2C5-1002384. The 2 previous owners know nothing about cars and are generally useless, I need to replace my speedo sensor and I am stumped; can't figure out where this tranny came out of.

P.S. The honda dealership was also totally useless when I called them, and I even physically brought my speedo sensor to them.

Thanks in advance guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.

From my understanding, its a jdm lsd tranny similar to the other t series trannys. With m2a4 gearing.

Comment

The only thing I can find about it is that it may be from an Accord with a SOHC 2.0L engine... quite possibly the SOHC F20B. If so, it's not an LSD-equipped transmisison.

It's not a US model transmission, which is why the Honda dealer was clueless. I'd contact a Honda dealer in New Zealand or Australia. They would most likely have dealt with it before.

Comment

I just did some searching, it's from the cf4 SiR Accord with the 2l sohc engine. Not sure if that helps at all??

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          The only thing I can find about it is that it may be from an Accord with a SOHC 2.0L engine... quite possibly the SOHC F20B. If so, it's not an LSD-equipped transmisison.

It's not a US model transmission, which is why the Honda dealer was clueless. I'd contact a Honda dealer in New Zealand or Australia. They would most likely have dealt with it before.

Not from New Zealand unfortunatly, however It could possibly be from Aussie.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
            I just did some searching, it's from the cf4 SiR Accord with the 2l sohc engine. Not sure if that helps at all??
            That seems to correspond with my findings. SOHC F20B engine... basically, a 2.0L F22B1. It was pretty much the top of the line, "non-performance" Accord. Like the Integra GSR is to the Integra Type R.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
              Not from New Zealand unfortunatly, however It could possibly be from Aussie.
              It's a Japanese model, I believe... MAYBE European, but I'm pretty sure Japanese as well (the info I found referenced the F20B SOHC as being an Asian market engine). I figured it probably wasn't for sale originally, but I'm sure plenty have been imported by now! Maybe not to NZ as much as Australia.

Comment

Thanks alot for the replies guys, does anyone know where I can buy a JDM speedo sensor for this tranny? I've had no luck sourcing one thus far.

Comment

Do you happen to have a pic of it? I find a lot of the Hondas/Acuras use the same speed sensors so I wouldn't be surprised if the JDM ones were also the same.

Comment

The transmission is from a 6th gen Accord... I would try a VSS from one of those.

Comment

Working...
                    X