Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swap

h22 f22b vtec head
    witch would be better to swap
    what would be faster
    what head would be easyer to do the up keep on

f22b vtec head would not be worth it, and actually any head swap isnt really worth it.

search "head swap" to get more info.

My s13 Ride Thread>>><<<My Rx7 Ride Thread "What is power without control?"
    New people click here

Comment

the f22 head flows really well man. i had a port and polish job done at local performance shop and got a 3 angle valve job done too. you will be happy if you do the same bro.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

h22 head swap results in lower compression...and thus lower power...it is also not a direct swap.

Why do you want a head swap?
        ____

Comment

The F22B1 head flows like shit, and has a horrible port design and valve angle. Not to mention a heavy valvetrain. It's a considerable downgrade in every way.

The H22 head, as said above, will result in essentially a low-compression, low-redline H22A.

Headswaps are not worth it. Don't waste your time or money. If you want to swap, swap in an entire engine (and the F22B1 remains a lousy option.)

If you want VTEC, get an H22A or F20B.

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
            h22 head swap results in lower compression...and thus lower power...it is also not a direct swap.

Why do you want a head swap?

looking for more power
            i just did a new header ill see if its any better
            what are some cheap bolt ons
            i have short ram intake
            header (nuespeed)

Comment

check it...delta 272 cam, tune, run open header and run a 3" intake with no air filter. you'll make lots of hp for cheap.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

... until he blows it up.

Add an h23 intake manifold and a camshaft. That's about all you're going to do "for cheap". Your header isn't giving you much power at all.

A headswap will most likely make your engine much less reliable, and will not give you much power. Have the F22A head ported and polished, and you'll make a hell of a lot more power than you would with a headswap. Headswaps are some of the dumbest things people do on here.

Comment

i wouldnt call it dumb, we're just pioneers. i couldve went with a h22 lower bottom end instead of trying to put h22 pistons into a f22a. it's all experiments.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Yeah, but experiments are for people that say "let me try this and see if it works"... not people that have to go on the internet to ask "what's the best option?"

If you have to ask, you're not a pioneer. You're not experimenting, and you're not doing anything new. I have respect for the frank builders that did it out of their own curiosity. Most are just looking to build an H22 for $200 using someone's discarded head.

Comment

Working...
                    X