Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

TCU swap in 93 accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCU swap in 93 accord LX

Hey guys. I am new to the automotive world. A little background. I was able to score an Automatic 93 Honda Accord LX with 180,000 for $500. Emaculate interior. The car was well taken care of. She runs good with the exception of the same problem many people are faced with: the TCU. I was having the problem with my D4 light staying on; checked the codes, but wouldnt produce one; so with the suggestion from a mechanically inclined friend decided to take out my TCU and check it out. Low and behold R41 was cooked; R47 had one cooked lead; C30 was cooked on one lead; and looked as though C32 was leaking. I was able to find the replacment parts for R41, R47, and C32, but wasn't able to find any info on C30. The research that I have done says it is a .0022uf capacitor. Finding this part has been a pain in the arse. I really want to fix this thing ASAP, but with the unexpected snag on the C30 part, it is taking longer than I had hoped. Can anyone tell me any more information about this CAP or tell me if TCUs out of a 90-93 will fit my car? I do know for a fact the model number on my TCU is 28100-PXO-722.

a 93 tcu wiil fit man.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Only put a 9091 or 9293 tcu in your car. I mean like. If you have a 1983 then only put in a tcu from 9293 or else the d4 light won't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        Only put a 9091 or 9293 tcu in your car. I mean like. If you have a 1983 then only put in a tcu from 9293 or else the d4 light won't work.
        I wouldn't put a 92 or 03 in my 83! Hahaha! I know what you mean though.
        Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

To say it more clearly... if you have a 90-91, you'll need a 90-91 TCU for the Sport function to work. If you have a 92-93, won't get TCU error codes, as they are sent through the S light, which didn't exist in those years.

Comment

Thanks. So, what I'm gathering is I can replace my 93 TCU with a 92 or 93 without regards to the numbers on the TCU?

Comment

Correct. I think the EX/SE might differ slightly from the LX/DX, but it won't be a drastic difference, if any.

Comment

Sweet. As for the other question, does anyone know anything about C30 and what the rating or where to find one? I have searched online and found some, but I am unsure of the voltage and capacitance. Radioshack does not carry it and I have called electronic stores around here, but of course they have to order it. I have a friend of mine (the same mechanically inclined friend) who purchased an 89 Accord that he is parting out and replacing parts on his every day runner. I asked him to look at the ECU on that 89 and see if there was a similar capacitor matching C30 from my TCU. Do you guys think that will work if there is a similar one or even if there would be a similar one?

Comment

Working...
                X