Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boosted f20b?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boosted f20b?

So I've been planning my turbo build for bit and was wondering what you guys thought of a boosted f20b
    Would it just be more reliable to boost a f22 sohc?
    Depending on which engine I choose I would do a mild build on it as it's going to be my DD
    My motor now is holding up pretty well but I think the rings are slowly deteriorating because I've been told I have some blue smoke leaving the exhaust if I punch it so that will give me time to build this motor
    Your wisdom is greatly appreciated, thanks
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Your smoke could be a result of many things, including spark plug tube seals or valve seals.

ANY boosted stock-block Honda engine, especially one that's fairly old, is most likely not going to be very reliable. Add in high compression, and you're looking at an increased chance of something breaking. Internally, the F20B is no stronger than the F22A.

If you want boost (and I would NEVER boost my DD unless I had a backup car...) then I would do it to the F22A. At least if it blows, they're relatively cheap and easy to find.

Comment

the only problem you going to have is finding parts(forged internals) i ve been looking for over a year bouncing around the tuner sites and even asking the muscle car guys, either they dont make em or people will not tell you where to get them, however ive been doing my homework and i know you can use the turbo manifold from the tsi eagle talon /gst mitsubish eclipse as well as the turbo and 450cc injectors, so if you find out where you can buy the forged internals plesae let me know, iam gathering parts for the same build

Comment

bisimoto has all the forged internals you need bro. it'll cost about 1g for rods and pistons and a golden eagle block brace. most machine shops will charge about 1500-2k for the full build.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by jemuzu3 View Post
          the only problem you going to have is finding parts(forged internals) i ve been looking for over a year bouncing around the tuner sites and even asking the muscle car guys, either they dont make em or people will not tell you where to get them, however ive been doing my homework and i know you can use the turbo manifold from the tsi eagle talon /gst mitsubish eclipse as well as the turbo and 450cc injectors, so if you find out where you can buy the forged internals plesae let me know, iam gathering parts for the same build
          You could always ask Bisimoto, it will definately cost some more $$$ then his shelf piston & rods for other motors, but where theres a will, theres a way, and he has the connection to Arias to have the pistons made for you. Though I don't know who he uses for rod production... give them a call, the most you got to lose is 5 minutes of your time.

----------------------------------------------------------

To the OP: Boosting any car is going to put added stress on the motor, with some motors being 20 years old, you got your work cut out for you. If it was not your dd, i'd recommend just boosting junkyard blocks, and be prepared for downtime after one blows up, and you have to find another. Since its your daily driver, in order to have the least amount of problems, it would be best to have whatever motor your going to use rebuilt. Fresh Rings, wristpins, and bearings at the least. You'll also want to have the head inspected while its off for worn exhaust valve guides, valve-seals etc, and generally refurbished. Finish it off with a timing belt job, & replacing all seals/gaskets throughout the motor. (Oil Pan & Rear Main to fuel injector o-rings) By doing this, and running low boost (6-8psi) and not succumbing to the temptation to turn it up higher; you should have a relativily reliable daily driver if you don't cheap out, and use QUALITY parts. If you want more boost, do the above, but also sleeve the block, and upgrade to forged internals. Having a GOOD tuner is just as, if not more important then using quality parts. Good Luck

:EDIT: Dam, jdm92_accorn beat me to the post, because i decided to write a long post.
          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Sorry for letting this thread hang so long but ive already started my build.
            i decided to go with an f22a1 with stock sleeves and bismoto internals that i ordered last week
            This is my partial parts list
            all internals are from bisimoto
            86mm 9.1:1 pistons with h beam rod from
            Pro springs and retainers
            1mm exhaust oversized valves
            The turbo is a GT3071r which i got for a steal
            For the brains im using an AEM Series 2 EMS
            I still need to get injectors im just not sure on what size to get. I want to run E85 because gas is just killing me
            Once i get the internals im sending the block and head out to the machine shop
            Quashish dictionary

Comment

wow this cars gonna be beasty... aint you worried about inspections in chicago...
              OLD

Comment

do you do your own tuning, or does your tuner use AEM EMS?
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by manny_turbo View Post
                  wow this cars gonna be beasty... aint you worried about inspections in chicago...
                  What do you mean by inspections? If your talking about emissions then no, im not worried because my car isnt tested since its so old

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
                  do you do your own tuning, or does your tuner use AEM EMS?
                  Well i have yet to find a tuner. A few places i called said they wont have any problems tuning it with the AEM EMS.

drummersteve, i love your black sedan!! Its uber nice!
                  Quashish dictionary

Comment

No inspections for your car? Wow. My car is just as old, and NJ still inspects it!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      No inspections for your car? Wow. My car is just as old, and NJ still inspects it!
                      I think in chicago if your car is 1995 or over you have to get it emmision tested so im good
                      Quashish dictionary

Comment

Working...
                      X