Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BRAKES wont.... well brake lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BRAKES wont.... well brake lol

hey guys, i have 93 ex or lx (i have disc brakes all round) anyways, i just put new brakes all round, but i pumped the brakes to build pressure, but when im using the brakes while the car is on, when i press the break pedal, it just sinks all the way to the bottom (like it just was pushing air!!) n i get to brake, but i have to really apply pressure to the brake pedal while it hits the damn floor!! would u guys suggest to bleed the brakes?? my brake fluid checks out A OK, but braking is horrible, and idk what to do!!!, thanks in advance guys!!!

BTW: i know the grammar was probably bad, but its late, and this is pissing me off!! thanks lmao

air in the lines or the master took a shit.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well first thing is i would inspect the brakes and brake lines for leaks. look everywhere. if you suspect a leak replace the line or part. check and make sure all your bleeder screws are closed enough as well.

now if this is all ok, i would say bleed the brakes. i wont hurt to do it and will only make things better. grab a couple quarts and a buddy and go to town. i would recommend valvoline dot 3/4 synthetic. good stuff. just flush the whole system, cant hurt.

if this doesnt work then you either have to have a leak or you master cylinder is bad. good luck!

Comment

re-bleed in proper sequence before changing any more parts.

if you re bleed and and still have the same prob then advance to the master like was said.

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

First assuming you just put pads on did you pump the pedal more than a few times. Pump the pedal up and down and see if the calipers just need to expand out.

Did you take off any brake lines? If you did then yes you need to bleed out the lines. Any problems before you did the brake job?

My guess is you just have to pump the pedal some more.

Comment

you need to bleed it a couple of time and yeah it your master got check that....... that happen to me then i wond out the ebrake cuz the car didnt stop in time it was crazy

CB7 all day

Comment

One other idea is to make sure if you have the calipers that have the slide pins, make sure they are installed correctly as they are different. If installed wrong it will cause a low pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by accordingly811 View Post
                well first thing is i would inspect the brakes and brake lines for leaks. look everywhere. if you suspect a leak replace the line or part. check and make sure all your bleeder screws are closed enough as well.

now if this is all ok, i would say bleed the brakes. i wont hurt to do it and will only make things better. grab a couple quarts and a buddy and go to town. i would recommend valvoline dot 3/4 synthetic. good stuff. just flush the whole system, cant hurt.

if this doesnt work then you either have to have a leak or you master cylinder is bad. good luck!
                well my person mechanic put them on just today, and my brake fluid level, is perfect, so i guess i bleed them

Originally posted by red07frontier View Post
                First assuming you just put pads on did you pump the pedal more than a few times. Pump the pedal up and down and see if the calipers just need to expand out.

Did you take off any brake lines? If you did then yes you need to bleed out the lines. Any problems before you did the brake job?

My guess is you just have to pump the pedal some more.
                i out them on earlier today, and of course i pumped the brakes lol, no i didnt take any brake lines out, well the brakes were worn, so it was doing the problem i posted, but even after i put the new brakes on, same problem

Originally posted by gundo knight View Post
                you need to bleed it a couple of time and yeah it your master got check that....... that happen to me then i wond out the ebrake cuz the car didnt stop in time it was crazy
                i will lol, hell yea, i almost crashed like two times today!!

Originally posted by red07frontier View Post
                One other idea is to make sure if you have the calipers that have the slide pins, make sure they are installed correctly as they are different. If installed wrong it will cause a low pedal.
                yea i do, and the are installed correctly lol, i guess i'll try tomorrow after work to bleed the brakes, and check the mast (which is on the brake pedal right??) right after i put my new UCA, and LCA (basically everything in that area lol), so i guess thats pretty much the front suspension minus the shocks n springs lol thanks guys!!!

Comment

brakes

rebleed them start R/R then L/R then R/F then L/F.
                  while bleeding the system have the car off.
                  then its a 2 person job have them pump tell hit gets hard then you open the bleeder valve, then he should say floor or down and you close the bleeder and after you do the L/F turn on your car see if thats any better might have to go around a couple times. but you really shouldnt if it dont work its the master

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterCB7 View Post
                    rebleed them start R/R then L/R then R/F then L/F.
                    while bleeding the system have the car off.
                    then its a 2 person job have them pump tell hit gets hard then you open the bleeder valve, then he should say floor or down and you close the bleeder and after you do the L/F turn on your car see if thats any better might have to go around a couple times. but you really shouldnt if it dont work its the master
                    wrong sequence.
                    it goes:
                    LR
                    RF
                    RR
                    LF

and it can easily be made a one person job if you pick up the right bleeder kit....

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

if your mechcanic put them in and you almost crashed 2 times then you got other issues. bring it back to him and have them fix it.

Just bleed the crap out of the system.
                      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by H22Artman View Post
                        wrong sequence.
                        it goes:
                        LR
                        RF
                        RR
                        LF

and it can easily be made a one person job if you pick up the right bleeder kit....
                        I thought you were supposed to start with the farthest wheel from the master and work your way towards it

if you do get a bleeder kit get one that forces the fluid through the master not through the bleeders!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                        sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                        bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

it doesnt really even matter, just get it done well.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 904drACCORDMANG View Post
                            I thought you were supposed to start with the farthest wheel from the master and work your way towards it

if you do get a bleeder kit get one that forces the fluid through the master not through the bleeders!
                            thats a pretty old school theory. it still works for most cars (even the CB probably), but the official procedure is what i listed above.

its pretty crazy how involved bleeding procedures can be on certain cars.

most any one man bleeder kits work just fine. as does the old fashioned pump/hold method.

Comment

yes bleed the brakes and dont let any air get in there or youll be doing it forever lol

Comment

Working...
                              X