Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Boost-ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boost-ability

So ive search for the best cb7-friendly engine that is also boost friendly.
    So far im thinking the H23A1 is the engine for me. anyone agree or disagree? And no i have not thought about my turbo specs yet, they will depend on the engine i choose. all i know is i need cost effective power.(in otherwords, a turbo and engine setup for under 2k in parts would be a blessing)

i disagree... if you want a boost friendly engine and your plaining on putting some money into it i'd stick with the F22ax... as stated in many threads all threw this forum the F22ax head out flows any other F or H head out there, and with its lower compression is a very boost friendly base... and with the right work... i'm talking full engine build and boosted your looking at a high hp outputting engine... if your looking for the most boost friendly engine for our cars you really need look no further then under your hood my friend

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

There are no boost-friendly stock engines compatible with the CB7. They are all designed with fairly fragile internals.

The F22A has the lowest compression, and is most forgiving. It also won't require you to purchase another engine, because you already have one (assuming it's in good shape). When you DO blow it up (and you will), they are abundant and inexpensive.

I would suggest VERY carefully designing your turbo system. Don't focus too much on doing it as cheaply as possible... otherwise, you're going to have a $2000 paperweight. You'd be better off doing it right, even if it takes a little more money, and actually having a car you can drive for a little while before it blows up on you.

A properly sized turbo and a well tuned fuel management system are imperative.

Comment

deev is right... for under 2k your not gonna be able to build it as much as it would need to run boost and stay in good shape... if you were to boost on stock internals which can be done on fairly low boost, you'd still probably end up with a fucked engine in the long run...

i agree with deev about doing it right if your gonna boost build your engine for it lower the compression ect. and you'd even get away with running higher boost that way and your engine would last longer IMO. but i stick with my original statement keep your F22a

MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188701

Comment

As an added bonus, the F22 parts are generally cheaper to replace than H23 parts for when you blow something (and I can almost guarantee that you will). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
          Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
          D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
          ┴─┴
          ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Working...
          X