Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ICU/Main relay part number?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ICU/Main relay part number?!

I have decided to replace my ICU(main relay) but can't find it anywhere with the part number. So my part# is 38600-sm5-a02 and I can find control units with 38600-SM4-A01. But do they fit and what does the SM5 and A02 stand for? I would like to get my electrics fixed.

The ICU and the Main Relay are two different parts, with two different functions
    The number you provided (which is the ICU part number) is for a part that is no longer used. It has been replaced by part number 38600-SM4-A01. The ICU controls your power locks, windows, seatbelts, gauges, lights, etc...

The main relay, which controls the fuel pump, is part number 39400-SM4-003. If this fails, your car will not start... but that is the only thing it does.

Comment

Ok thanks. So I have to get the new part. In Finland, don't know why but ICU is also called main relay. In fact, only few people i've spoked know the ICU term. I think the main relay is easier here to understand than ICU. But thank you for clarifying the part#.

Comment

The ICU is the Integrated Control Unit. It's actually not a term I'm familiar with either. I had to look it up. There seem to be a number of issues with it discussed on other forums, but it doesn't seem to be something that fails often.

The main relay that we always talk about on here is actually the fuel pump main relay... but it's always shortened to just "main relay".

What problems are you experiencing?

Comment

My wipers don't stop when switched to off and even on low they wipe without stopping. They will stop when i pull the lever. Though they do speed up when switching higher. Also my ignition key light is on all the time no matter what. Both of those are located in ICU. Oh yeah, i also tested all the relays and motor and ofcourse the wiper switch. Also grounding points to those have been checked. Everything is fine with those. The ICU term is very rare in here like I said. On every junkyard they always have to ask what is that, but with main relay usually they offer the right part. The fuel pump main relay in here means fuel pump relay. So we don't use the "main" in that.
          Last edited by MrSpeedy; 07-20-2010, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Gotcha. It's funny how the terminology varies from country to country, even when dealing with identical vehicles!

38600-SM4-A01 looks to be the part you need.

As for the SM4 part of that, I know SM4 is a common code for the the chassis in other countries. We've taken to saying CB7, but I know the guys in Malaysia tend to say SM4 when referring to these cars.

Comment

Working...
            X