Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Short ram intake vs Cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short ram intake vs Cold air intake

I am wanting to buy an intake for my car but was wondering which is better CAI or SRI? I have heard CAI are better because they pull in colder air but then again I have heard they lack the low range power that SRI can produce. How do you guys see it?

I would go Short Ram Intake. Thants what i have and its pretty fine.

Comment

To me I think they're the same since both of them the air is going to get warmer.

CAI it'll travel up the pipe but then pass through the piping that's in the engine bay and soak up the warmth that has been heating up the pipe.

unless you can pull air through fast enough like turbo...but IMO

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
      1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
      2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

Originally posted by vietkid_2006 View Post
        To me I think they're the same since both of them the air is going to get warmer.

CAI it'll travel up the pipe but then pass through the piping that's in the engine bay and soak up the warmth that has been heating up the pipe.

unless you can pull air through fast enough like turbo...but IMO
        You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

A CAI will introduce cooler air. However, there is a bit of a lag due to the extra piping. The SRI gives a better throttle feel. Additionally, when the car is moving, the air in the engine bay isn't considerably warmer than the air in the fenderwell.

I have a CAI myself, because I bought into all the hype. Given the chance to do it again, I'd go with the SRI in a heartbeat.

Comment

Thanks guys all of this has helped quite a bit and I think after reading countless threads along with the replies received, I believe its gonna be a short ram for me.

Comment

Originally posted by WP'sFinest View Post
            Thanks guys all of this has helped quite a bit and I think after reading countless threads along with the replies received, I believe its gonna be a short ram for me.
            i believe thats the way to go, thats what i have on my car, and i love the response

Comment

I just installed a K&N SRI today and in my opinion
              the difference in engine breath-ability is very noticeable compared to OEM or even CAI.
              You can definitely feel the boost with the SRI and it sounds beautiful, and with a clean well maintained engine the HP boost can anywhere from 8-12
              over your OEM air box

Go SRI, better bang for your buck

^^MRT^^
              THIRD EYE FISH

Comment

I've never seen a K&N SRI, only filters. Where could someone get one?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

had a longtube AEM v2 CAI back in the day. Had to cut a hole in the inner fender to route the tube, but it was worth it. Difference (butt-dyno) was immediately noticeable, as was the sound. Once I had my full exhaust done, though (4-2-1 headers, high flow cat, and catback) the sound difference was inaudible.

I remember that car sounded great for a four banger
                  '91 accord (gone but not forgotten)
                  '01 330i (now the wife's)
                  next? pcar pending return home

Originally posted by uslspct
                  It would be like crack. So addicting yet so stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by doseonekmc View Post
                    the difference in engine breath-ability is very noticeable compared to OEM or even CAI.
                    You can definitely feel the boost with the SRI and it sounds beautiful, and with a clean well maintained engine the HP boost can anywhere from 8-12
                    over your OEM air box

8-12hp from a short ram intake alone?

Comment

Originally posted by doseonekmc View Post
                      over your OEM air box

Is that before or after putting the K&N sticker on your car?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

yea i juss got a 92 cb7 im plannin on goin SRI aswell... but how bout breathers??? cause some intakes have 2 holes so is it better to use both holes or use 1 and cover the other???

Comment

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
                          (their prices are not correct...Apexi website lists $95 U.S. for generic filter kit)

excellent information on those sites...course that is just air filter and not cai vs sri info...still...stuff you need to know...possibly more important that tubing is the filter you choose to run.
                          ____

Comment

i think both is not the answer.

k&n filter in stock housing.

thats what timmyotool uses. and i trust him.

Comment

Working...
                            X