Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil light on

i just changed the oil pressure switch on my car and now the oil light goes on in the dashboard. anybody has any idea what caused this? maybe a defected OPS?

Could be defective, could be bad wiring or a dirty connection... could actually be low oil pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Could be defective, could be bad wiring or a dirty connection... could actually be low oil pressure.
      maybe the first three you said deev. i doubt it low oil pressure because the light wasnt on before i replaced it, will check it though.

Comment

make sure the sensor is in there good i know when i changed the oil on my da teg i hit the sensor and it was a lil loose the light came on so that all might be it that and check you oil and see if you have the ammount you need

Comment

the thing is, when your on a stop, the light stays and when you go accelerate, it starts to blink. does that mean anything? im gonna try to change the plug tomorrow.

Comment

whenever my oil light came on it started blinkin', so i got out the haynes and figured out the cover to the oil switch was caked so i cleaned it up wala no more light!

Comment

every body got oil light issues lol.

for me, when i turn the car on it starts to blink rite away, if i turn it off, and back on, it will go away. ill check my sensor i guess, but the motor still runs strong.
              **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
              Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
              Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

well got it fixed, it was the switch they gave me at pepboys, was the wrong one. so bought another one from a reputable car parts dealer here around the area and oh boy was it fixed. thanks a lot though guys.

Comment

Glad you figured it out.

It's a pain when stores don't know what they're dealing with. Sadly, most of them are that way. My friend applied for a store manager position at Autozone... "no automotive knowledge required".

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    Glad you figured it out.

It's a pain when stores don't know what they're dealing with. Sadly, most of them are that way. My friend applied for a store manager position at Autozone... "no automotive knowledge required".
                    It's sad, alot of places won't hire you if you say you have experience working on cars and stuff. The days of knowledgeable staff are long gone at most places, specially at lube places, they want you to not know anything so they can "train" you. Any suggestions you get from the kids at shucks or autozone will most likely now be derived from what his "boi" who has a "hatchi roku" told him.

Comment

Yeah, very true... Or from what they've picked up from customers, who may know even less than they do.

I walked into Autozone once with an oxygen sensor in my hand. I asked the guy behind the counter if he had an oxygen sensor bung in stock. His face lit up like a puppy that pleased his master, he bounded onto the sales floor, trotted over to the special tools section, and proudly displayed an oxygen sensor socket. You know... so I could properly remove the part that I had IN MY HAND. I wished I had a rolled up newspaper at that moment... Once I explained what I was looking for monosylabically, the guy let me wander around in the stock area myself to search for what I wanted. No luck.
                      I never saw that employee again. Maybe he ended himself.

Pep Boys actually has a service department, though. Some of those guys SHOULD know some stuff. Of course, the service guys don't sell the parts. They just turn the wrenches.

Comment

for those kind of sensors only replace with OEM. i did this myself and NAPA showed me the replacement part. i told them i wasnt touching that thing and off to the salvage i went. they actually gave me the sensor free ^__^ !! pm'ed ya
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                        X