Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

okay idle set up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay idle set up

okay how can i adjust the idl on my cb7 i found the IACV
    i also look this up in the diy and did not fully understand
    anyone have detailed pics and or a vid

Run car until it gets to operating temp. Turn off the car. Unplug the IAC. Apply slight pressure to the gas pedal and start the car. Slowly let idle drop and maintain about 1000 RPM, then slowly remove your foot from the pedal. Adjust idle to spec (I think it's 700 +-50). Shut off car and plug in IAC. Reset ECU to clear the IAC code.
    Originally posted by Junior Smurff
    Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

hard to find Vac Leak

first off thanks to all you cb7 guru (know it all) for all the information on troubleshooting, setting the idle, diagnosing CEL, eng misfires... all the kinda basic stuff got my CEL's cleared. i have been reading for a while here and decided to join this site because it was the most informative I found, and i like the way its laid out.

The problems i am having are: Radiator fans dont turn on since i removed some fuses while checking for a dead one, the relay works and the fuses for both fans are good. (if it matters, the blower motor fuse is dead- will this affect the cooling fans?)

i have set my base idle according to the diy but the eng idles 1000-1500 constantly; i think its due to a vacuum leak I can hear a loud hissing sound especially when the car is hot but i have had multiple people look at it but they cant find the location of leak. i am in orlando florida i would like to meet a great mechanic and autoelectrician who really knows what they doing so i can get this car raceready until then please throw you knowledge at me here so i can learn even more and not get duped like i did in the past. thanks in advance guys

Comment

Originally posted by raCerwanaBe7 View Post
        first off thanks to all you cb7 guru (know it all) for all the information on troubleshooting, setting the idle, diagnosing CEL, eng misfires... all the kinda basic stuff got my CEL's cleared. i have been reading for a while here and decided to join this site because it was the most informative I found, and i like the way its laid out.

The problems i am having are: Radiator fans dont turn on since i removed some fuses while checking for a dead one, the relay works and the fuses for both fans are good. (if it matters, the blower motor fuse is dead- will this affect the cooling fans?)

i have set my base idle according to the diy but the eng idles 1000-1500 constantly; i think its due to a vacuum leak I can hear a loud hissing sound especially when the car is hot but i have had multiple people look at it but they cant find the location of leak. i am in orlando florida i would like to meet a great mechanic and autoelectrician who really knows what they doing so i can get this car raceready until then please throw you knowledge at me here so i can learn even more and not get duped like i did in the past. thanks in advance guys
        Welcome to cb7tuner.com, what you just did is "thread-jack", if you have a problem please create a new thread, and not piggy-back on someone elses.

Since you are new, and learning the rules, i'll be happy to answer your question. The easiest way to find a vacuum leak, is to take some carb cleaner and start spraying vacuum lines, around the intake manfold (gasket areas). When you hit the leak with the carb cleaner, the idle should return back down to normal temporarily. When that happens you've found the leak.

Remember rubber objects don't last forever. If its made of rubber, its on your car, and never has been replaced, its probably a good idea to replace it. Vacuum lines as they get older lose rigidity, where when new their opening is like O, but as they get older, when vacuum gets applied, they pinch and end up like o.
        PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by raCerwanaBe7 View Post

yea no big deal
          try makeing sure the fans even work then start from there and work ur way in seeing how you said you checked the fuse and the relay
          is the car overheating

Comment

sorry guys, i read about that when i first started looking here but didn't realize i was doing it at the time, jus wanted to get into cb7, creating a new thread as soon as a know how with pics and all

Comment

Working...
            X