Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

h22 rods n piston in a f22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

get a reall powerful hose or pressure washer and blast the inside of the port and see if water comes out the combustion chamber.

or pour water in the CC and blast the port with compressed air and look for bubbles.

what id do is just bring it to a machine shop and have this guy Wes check it out.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      He's referring to chessboxer... rather than letting it go to someone else, he should have just let it go to the crusher (though it was in good shape when he parted ways with it...)

IMO, it's just too difficult to part with a beloved project as-is. It'd have been better parted out. It's also never smart to buy someone else's project, unless you know what was done to it every step of the way. Problems like this are the result of buying a secondhand project car. The buyer never cares for it as much as the builder... and the second buyer usually ends up getting the stinky end of the stick.

I hope you can bring this car back to life. You'd have your work cut out for you if you knew what you were doing... Knowing as little as you do, it's going to be QUITE a challenge. Not impossible, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of work, both to learn what you need to know, then to do what needs to be done.

I hope you didn't trade a solid CB7 for this car. It'd have been cheaper and easier for you to boost your old car than it will be to thoroughly rebuild this one. The good news is, once you've finished bringing this car back to life, you'll know a hell of a lot. You'll be telling ME what to do, because this is going to require you to do things that even I have very little knowledge of. (not that I'm an expert... far from it, honestly)
      all i can do now is read up n start getting parts...stupid question when can i start looking at the for sale stuff? do i have to be a member for a certain period of time or something?

Comment

Check out the Rules section... everything is explained there (and the rest of the rules will be useful to know, so you don't get yourself banned...)

Comment

I'll do you a favor and give you $1500 for it as it sits. Save you some headache.
          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

alright guys im back again with ya guys help as ya know i traded my perfectly good cb7 for another cb7 that was boosted an a couple of days later i fried my rings/ blew my motor. an i just got my motor out a couple of days ago i still dont know what the problem is with the motor that came out yet but i have another bone stock motor that ready to go in an my problem is that i dont have a wiring diagram an idk were to get one at can any one help me out on that? also the car has a haltech ecu thats tuned for boost would that give me any problems?

Comment

thats it, once i get tired of my car, its going to get burned and crushed
              this will always be your car
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

It will give you loads of problems if you try and run an n/a motor on that tune.

Sell me the car.
                2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Oh snap, looks like chessboxer is trying to get back in the game
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                  X