Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my cb cranks but doesnt turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jofat91 View Post
    any info would be a plus

can i use the coil of an h23 ?
    i am not sure.

like 904 said check it visually. if it is clearly messed up then replace it.

if you cant tell which part is bad get a cheap multmeter. i bought 1 for literally $5. you will probably need to read the instructions. the multimeter can be pretty confusing if you dont know how to use it.

if you buy a service manual it will tell you the resistance range of each. if the resistance is not in the range replace the component.

edit: if you replace your distributor cap then also replace the rotor. these 2 components should always be replaced together.
    Parts For Sale
    BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

ok i have a internal distributor and cap can i swich them and just put the yellow and black wires together?

Comment

???? help lol

Comment

ok i have a internal distributor and cap can i swich them and just put the yellow and black wires together?
          i really dont know what you are trying to say. my advice would be to NOT start putting wires together. if they were meant to be together they would already be.

GO BUY A SERVICE MANUAL!! it will tell you how to check everything. you may need some tools as well. make sure you read everything first.
          Parts For Sale

Comment

I have not done this conversion but splicing wires is probably not a good idea, if anything it seems that you should be rerouting the wires from the external coil to the inside of the new dizzy. im no expert but better safe than sorry

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
            sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
            bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

ok so i switched the coil and its not the coil can some one tell me how too change the igniter or where in the forum i can find a diy

or wat it looks like

Comment

ok so i switched the coil and its not the coil can some one tell me how too change the igniter or where in the forum i can find a diy

or wat it looks like
                well idk why you wasted your money. would have been smart to test it first and make sure that it needed to be replaced.

the igniter is a small(3"x1.5"x .25" deep or so) silver piece inside the distributor. it is a single piece unit. if/when you buy it, it should come with some white grease. spread that onto the bottom of the igniter before you install it. take off the cover. if you replaced the coil you know how to remove the cap rotor and cover. i believe its on the bottom of the distributor and it has like 3 or 4 wires plugged into it. it slides into place inside the distributor. there are only a few things inside the distributor so it should not be very hard to find.

i have not looked at this but its supposedly free online service manual. read the thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=159265

it should not take you more than 10 or 15 minutes to change the igniter. if you knew what you were doing it should not take more than 3 minutes. its a very easy thing to change out.
                Last edited by AaronRVegas; 07-14-2010, 02:46 PM.
                Parts For Sale

Comment

jesus christ, why dont you just test shit before spending money and replacing stuff. pop the cap off, get a fucking test light, put it to batt positive and the lead on negative terminal of the coil and have someone turn the motor over. (It obviously wont start)

the test light should blink if the ignitor is good. key at II...put the test light clip on engine ground and check if the + coil is getting battery voltage.

no blink = ignitor is no good or the crank sensor is done broke.
                  no batt voltage at coil positive then check wiring and main relay and fuses.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Thatguystuff View Post
                    Have you checked the main relay yet??

those cause allot of problems when it gets hot outside.. and Are easy to repair if you can basic solder..

location is here..

also check the power to the main relay...

ive replaced that on mine and i still have to kick it for it to turn on some times because the check engine lights goes on and then i have to wait for it to turn off and that takes about 3-5 mins depending how hot the motor is... and i still cant figure out whats wrong with it any help.. thanks
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

Comment

before u get ur panties in a bunch all these parts im getting for free from other cars we have runnin thank you
                      im not spending money on any parts im getting

thanks aaron for the info

Comment

before u get ur panties in a bunch all these parts im getting for free from other cars we have runnin thank you
                        im not spending money on any parts im getting

thanks aaron for the info
                        you are very welcome. if i can help in any way (other than financially ) i will be happy to.

i didnt realise you were getting the parts for free. i would still recomment getting a multimeter. they are very useful and not very expensive. luckily for me i rent a room from an electrician so he showed me how to use it
                        Parts For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by AaronRVegas View Post
                          you are very welcome. if i can help in any way (other than financially ) i will be happy to.

i didnt realise you were getting the parts for free. i would still recomment getting a multimeter. they are very useful and not very expensive. luckily for me i rent a room from an electrician so he showed me how to use it

yea im getttin it for free lol thank god for my boys have cb's and bb's lol

quick question do u know if i can use the distributor from an h23a1 ??????? cause thats where i got my coil from lol

Comment

you can only use the internals. the housing itself doesnt fit F22's.
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ok so i changed the igniter and tested it its fine
                              i changed igniter cap rotor and it still doesnt get spark
                              all the fuses are fine i tested them all
                              the timing belt isnt popped
                              im runnin out of most logical problems
                              is there something else that can cause this?

Comment

Working...
                              X