Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

okay how to fix coe 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay how to fix coe 43

okay my car pops a code 43 how do i fix fuel system deliver code
    could it just be a bad fuel filter or can other things make this pop up

The most common culprit for code 43 is the oxygen sensor. Replace it with NGK/NTK or Denso ONLY. Do not use a Bosch sensor.

If the o2 sensor does not fix the problem, then look deeper... but that's normally the cause.

However, replacing your fuel filter wouldn't hurt. Mine is still original, I'm sure yours is too.

Comment

i would change it ..line wrench needed..the codes will tell you a lot...the o2 goes bad also..and i look at the connections at all the plugs too... for bad contacts [ white stuff]
      Last edited by Teddy; 07-07-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

i should bump my FYI thread again.
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

okay also i whent and got a cluster from some one and as i was about home o got off at my exit and i heard a noise that sounded like a pshhhhh like pressure had built up and i checked my oil and it was low

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The most common culprit for code 43 is the oxygen sensor. Replace it with NGK/NTK or Denso ONLY. Do not use a Bosch sensor.

If the o2 sensor does not fix the problem, then look deeper... but that's normally the cause.

However, replacing your fuel filter wouldn't hurt. Mine is still original, I'm sure yours is too.
            wat order sould i go in if the o2 sensor does not fix it ???
            and thanks for the info
            now am not spining my head i have some were to start witch is always best

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

why shouldn't i use the Bosch brand

Comment

Originally posted by blazedealh91 View Post
                why shouldn't i use the Bosch brand
                They work like crap is why, if they work at all. You should be able to find a Denso for relativily cheap. Got mine for $45 from a place called Bap Geon. When my o2 sensor went out, it caused all sorts of drivability issues, and it took like 3 hours of driving to finally get it to throw me a code, it gave me o2 heater code, and a 43 fuel supply system. An easy way to check if its your o2 sensor causing problems is to just unplug it (yes it will cause the cel to come on, but drivability problems should go away)
                Last edited by cloudasc; 07-11-2010, 04:54 PM.
                PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                  They work like crap is why, if they work at all. You should be able to find a Denso for relativily cheap. Got mine for $45 from a place called Bap Geon. When my o2 sensor went out, it caused all sorts of drivability issues, and it took like 3 hours of driving to finally get it to throw me a code, it gave me o2 heater code, and a 43 fuel supply system. An easy way to check if its your o2 sensor causing problems is to just unplug it (yes it will cause the cel to come on, but drivability problems should go away)

well when i last had my car on a lift it looked like it had ben connected with some type of wire connector(butt connector) not a plug if u get wat i mean
                  could they have done it wrong

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=325948_0_0_

Comment

Working...
                  X