Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Quick question: F22/20B DOCH head on F22Ax soch block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question: F22/20B DOCH head on F22Ax soch block

F22B or F20B DOHC head on F22Ax SOHC block
    Has anyone done it? Is it even possible? I'm no engine expert and I have no idea if the stroke and all that has any effect. I am simply curious. Thanks for your help!

O_O.... Spelt DOHC and SOHC wrong.
    Last edited by Gathers; 07-07-2010, 01:42 AM.

Yes, it has been done. It's pretty much a direct swap.

However, rather than getting a DOHC head, why not put money into modifying the SOHC head for more flow? The port design of the SOHC is superior to the DOHC.

Comment

I agree with retaining the F22ax head instead and have it reconditioned. Then, choose to upgrade the F22ax SOHC camshaft and if you have money port the head.

The F20A SOHC or DOHC heads and JDM F22B DOHC heads are mated to their respective stock blocks which have higher static compression than stock F22ax (8.8) through different pistons. Simply swapping the heads over, will lose out on the static compression increase.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I see, well thanks for clearing that up guys. Though I like the idea, I think it's slightly impractical. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gathers View Post
          I see, well thanks for clearing that up guys. Though I like the idea, I think it's slightly impractical. Thanks again.
          Yes, it does. You're better off swapping the entire engine for the full benefit (i.e. JDM F22B DOHC, JDM F20A SOHC or DOHC).

If you really can complete a swap, given previous discussions about your limitations, consider Kevin's swap. He's selling for a great price, PM him about it if interested.

However, I still think you're best off getting a decently maintained & running car.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

y not just use the f22b dohc block and the f22a head.u dont have to upgrade the pistons cause it will up them to 9.3:1 and ull have the pefect flowing head.\this\/\/
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=130329
            Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 07-07-2010, 05:47 PM.

my new turbo build

Comment

Working...
            X