Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Recommended exhaust size and muffler to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommended exhaust size and muffler to use?

So I am going to be towing the cb to my shop I work at sometime this week so I can do exhaust on it and have a few questions for you guys.

1. I have access to a full line of magnaflow and flowmaster mufflers, do you guys recommend any one that will give me a very deep agressive sound. I do NOT want the tinny sound you sometimes hear.

2. What size resonator would you recommend using?

3. I am thinking of doing 2.5" exhaust. Is there any reason to go up to 3"?.

I'm sure you know but the car is a f22a1 with a h23 head and intake swap, cold air, header, act street flywheel and race clutch, and other stuff. Basically I want a very deep sounding and nice system. Give me your advise please.

apexi ws2 sound great

Comment

Hey guys , I've got a similar question. I want to do a cat back system and the one I'm looking at says it's a direct bolt on at the cat. Does anyone know what size the stock cat outlet is?? I don't want to buy the kit and figure out it won't bolt up. Sorry to kind of steal your thread bud but I'm at work and don't have time to go searching. It's relevant so I figured I'd ask. Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't go more than 2.25 if you're not going to do any kind of forced induction. There's no reason to. I'm in the same boat you're in. I'm thinking 2.25 and a flowmaster or maybe even a cheap Raptor muffler.
        Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

2.25 piping and magnaflow..you will love the sound.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

Flowmaster makes a great soundin sportcompact series muffler and i would loose the resinator

Comment

I am doing the same thing, 2.25 piping with a flowmaster muffler. I had a friend with this set up and it sounded great.
              -Wayne-

310whp - 296tq

Comment

i agree with osl i have a 2 and a quater on mine with a vibrant exaust i kno i never heard of them before but my neighbor had on on his ek and it sounded sick as all hell nice deep tone

Comment

If your increasing compression aka building the block, boosting, or spraying, you would probably benefit from 2.5". It also depend upon what header you plan on using if you stay stockish, a bisimoto header has 2.5" collector, oem & "ebay" usually have 2.25" or less.
                  PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

a nice 24in resinater,2.25-2.50 to me 3in is for a turbo set up,muffler not to sure never used flowmasterr.

my new turbo build

Comment

get a resonator otherwise it will be raspy as hell.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by eurocalicb7 View Post
                        i agree with osl i have a 2 and a quater on mine with a vibrant exaust i kno i never heard of them before but my neighbor had on on his ek and it sounded sick as all hell nice deep tone
                        Vibrant has a lot in the domestic market but has recently started branching into imports. A++ products though.
                        Call me Travis.
                        2006 Cobalt LS/SC ~ "Burt the Bloody Bumble Bee"
                        1992 Accord LX ~ "Smoothie"
                        1991 CRX Si ~ Hellion
                        1989 GMC S15 ~ Oldie

Comment

Working...
                        X