Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What to do after pulling codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So at this point I've pulled my codes and figured out what they mean. At this point I am unsure of what to start looking at or repairing with these codes taken into consideration.
    Codes:
    CEL: 1/ O2 sensor #1
    D4: 15/ Kick down switch circuit shorted
    ABS: 1 3/ High pressure leak and 2 1/ e-brake switch or brake fluid level switch.

On the A6 there's only one O2 sensor IIRC. Should I just replace the one? And I burn oil so does that mean that I could just clean it off or would I need to pick up a new one?

As far as the kickdown switch goes I have no clue where to begin.

With the high pressure leak would I check near the master cylinder and all my lines? And would the e-brake or brake fluid switch need to be replaced or is that due to low brake fluid levels?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Mike1357; 07-04-2010, 12:28 AM.

To find the kickdown switch, follow the throttle cable past the throttle body down to the A/T. It's kinda down in there, good luck .

Comment

Fix y0 shit.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Potatoswatter View Post
        To find the kickdown switch, follow the throttle cable past the throttle body down to the A/T. It's kinda down in there, good luck .
        So I'd follow the throttle cable down towards the transmission and the sensor will be in that area? Will it be easily identifiable?
        Originally posted by greencb7inkc View Post
        Fix y0 shit.

Yeah, no kidding. You start fixing one thing and then everything else starts falling apart.

Comment

Story. Of. My. Life.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

o2 sensor first.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The O2 sensor can wait. The kickdown sensor is screwing me over by locking out 2nd and 3rd gear. I can only drive in 1st and 4th with my autotragic tranny.

Comment

So it finally stopped raining today. I checked what I believed to be the proper electrical connection for the kickdown sensor and while it did seem a little dirty, the connection looked fine. Should I try re-setting the TCU by pulling the fuse (similar to ECU re-setting)? Is there somewhere else I should look?

I'm thinking about changing out my transmission fluid but that most likely has nothing to do with the problem.

Comment

The sticky doesn't match the shop manual, and I strongly suspect it's wrong. According to Honda, that code indicates the NM speed sensor and the symptom is hard shifts.

Easy test: does it downshift when you floor it? That would be kickdown .

… additional pages omitted for pointlessness. Download the manual from the sticky.
                  Last edited by Potatoswatter; 07-07-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Also, they wouldn't have both a throttle angle sensor and an electronic kickdown sensor. I believe the kickdown switch is all mechanical and the TCU learns everything it needs to know from the throttle angle sensor…

Comment

Thanks for posting the manual pages. They look like they will definitely help, but it makes me wonder if that's what is wrong. I know the TCU doesn't lie, but I can't help but think something else is wrong. The car used to shift hard, but now for some reason I can only drive in 1st or 4th gear. Should I try cleaning out the shift control solenoid valve?

Comment

So today I was driving and I accidentally put the shifter into 2nd gear. Seems I can drive the car, but in order to select first, D3 and D4 must be selected, to shift to second I have to drop it into 2, it seems there is still no third, and fourth gear can be selected from either D3 or D4. I don't see how this is a kickdown sensor related problem.

I'm going to replace the ATF come Saturday and probably clean out the two pairs of solenoids. Does anyone know if you can pop off the solenoids without a problem or ATF leaking? Should I just go ahead and pull another TCU from the junkyard?

Comment

Working...
                        X