Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Pt6 vs P12 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pt6 vs P12 ECU

Hey guys! New to CB7! If anyone could direct me to an intro thread so I can introduce myself formally that would be great...

Anyway, first off. I do NOT drive a CBanything, or any accord at all for that matter. I joined today because i own a '93 honda prelude S. Why am I here? Because the CB7 and the BA8 both use the F22s! I am a member of Socalprelude.com as well, but most of them have the h23/h22 in them, and are no help to me when I ask F22 specific questions.

Back on topic, I am about to do the A1 to A6 intake upgrade. I have all the parts and just need a little more info before I start tearing apart my car.

So far I have:
    -F22a6 intake manifold
    -H23a1 plenum
    -H22a6 spacer

I am going to be using my a1 TB so I'm not going to worry about that.

Now, my original question. What are my main differences between the pt6 and p12? I need to know
    -Speed limiter
    -fuel/air ratio
    -power gains(ex. p12 ecu boosts me from 125 to 135hp. what will the pt6 do?)
    -how they will handle the rest of my A1 setup
    -how will it affect the butterfly thingy that the A6 has
    -any other important info I may need

Why am i using a F22a6 IM and H23a1 plenum? Better airflow!

Thanks in advance! I hope to be a good contribution to this site!

Are you going to wire up the black box then use the pt6. If you arent then use the p12

And you cant use an f22a1 throttle body on an h23a1 plenum ( or an f22a6 throttle body )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      Are you going to wire up the black box then use the pt6. If you arent then use the p12

And you cant use an f22a1 throttle body on an h23a1 plenum ( or an f22a6 throttle body )
      I've read that you can, but I haven't tried, and will try tomorrow. Is the black box the thing that controls the butterfly thingy? What happens if I don't wire it up?

Comment

thought about changing to a pt6 cam?
        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernestox6 View Post
          I've read that you can, but I haven't tried, and will try tomorrow. Is the black box the thing that controls the butterfly thingy? What happens if I don't wire it up?
          The black box controls when the butterflys open and close. It holds pressure on the little diaphram thing and holds them closed. When you go to between 4000-4500 rpm it relases pressure and they open up. You can hook the butterfly valve up to a vacuum line. When you go WOT the vacuum in the manifold will be depleted and there will be no more pressure to hold the butterflys closed. Thus they will open.

And yes switching to an A6 cam is always a good idea.

Also switching to an a4/a6 exhaust manifold will give you an easy 5hp. ( the only difference between the 125hp a1 and the 130hp a4 is the exhaust manifold )

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
            The black box controls when the butterflys open and close. It holds pressure on the little diaphram thing and holds them closed. When you go to between 4000-4500 rpm it relases pressure and they open up. You can hook the butterfly valve up to a vacuum line. When you go WOT the vacuum in the manifold will be depleted and there will be no more pressure to hold the butterflys closed. Thus they will open.

And yes switching to an A6 cam is always a good idea.

Also switching to an a4/a6 exhaust manifold will give you an easy 5hp. ( the only difference between the 125hp a1 and the 130hp a4 is the exhaust manifold )
            Thanks alot, that really helps. Where do i connect the vacuum line to control the butterflies? Is it one of the little things that are blocked off at the top of the plenum?

Comment

Vacuum lines from the IAB plate goes to the black box (its normally attached on the underside of the a6/h23 manifold), then another vacuum line goes from the black box to the plenum. Then the one of the electrical connections from the black box connects to pin A16 or A17 on the pt6 ecu... i forget which one of those two off the top of my head.
              Last edited by cloudasc; 07-05-2010, 03:36 AM.
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by cloudasc View Post
                Vacuum lines from the IAB plate goes to the black box (its normally attached on the underside of the a6/h23 manifold), then another vacuum line goes from the black box to the plenum. Then the one of the electrical connections from the black box connects to pin A16 or A17 on the pt6 ecu... i forget which one of those two off the top of my head.
                Thanks man. I've been looking around, and I've found 2 F22a6 heads, and this Saturday I can get a 1/2 all deal and I hope to get the head for around $30-$40

I've also decided to go with the H23 intake manifold and plenum. Do you guys have info on how this may affect my gas mileage?

Comment

More airflow generally means more fuel, especially with a stock ECU. Chances are, you'll be driving with a heavier foot as well.

Take it easy, and your mileage won't be terrible. It may decrease a bit, though. There's a price to pay for increased performance.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    More airflow generally means more fuel, especially with a stock ECU. Chances are, you'll be driving with a heavier foot as well.

Take it easy, and your mileage won't be terrible. It may decrease a bit, though. There's a price to pay for increased performance.
                    We'll I'm a pretty safe driver, and don't get thrilled with extra power like a normal person. I'm always trying to save fuel anyway I can, so even though the temptation will be there, I'll rarely use it.

Another question. How will my mileage change if the head I have now has 200k on it, and the new head has only 120-180k?

Comment

It depends on the condition of the head. If everything is in good condition and seals properly, and the valves are properly adjusted, the gas mileage will be no different from head to head. The new head could potentially be in worse condition, or better, so it may decrease or increase (or stay the same).

Comment

Originally posted by Ernestox6 View Post
                        Hey guys! New to CB7! If anyone could direct me to an intro thread so I can introduce myself formally that would be great...

Anyway, first off. I do NOT drive a CBanything, or any accord at all for that matter. I joined today because i own a '93 honda prelude S. Why am I here? Because the CB7 and the BA8 both use the F22s! I am a member of Socalprelude.com as well, but most of them have the h23/h22 in them, and are no help to me when I ask F22 specific questions.

Back on topic, I am about to do the A1 to A6 intake upgrade. I have all the parts and just need a little more info before I start tearing apart my car.

So far I have:
                        -F22a6 intake manifold
                        -H23a1 plenum
                        -H22a6 spacer

I am going to be using my a1 TB so I'm not going to worry about that.

Now, my original question. What are my main differences between the pt6 and p12? I need to know
                        -Speed limiter
                        -fuel/air ratio
                        -power gains(ex. p12 ecu boosts me from 125 to 135hp. what will the pt6 do?)
                        -how they will handle the rest of my A1 setup
                        -how will it affect the butterfly thingy that the A6 has
                        -any other important info I may need

Why am i using a F22a6 IM and H23a1 plenum? Better airflow!

Thanks in advance! I hope to be a good contribution to this site!
                        I thought you would want to use the h23 mani and a6 runners?
                        Sig removed due to excessive size.

Comment

Originally posted by osl View Post
                          The mani and runners are the same part. The plenum is the top chamber, the mani/runners are the part that bolts to the head.

Comment

Originally posted by osl View Post
                            Visual is right. Although, I've researched both, and I've read mixed opinions of the a6/h23 manifold. Question

-Which one offers more torque?

Comment

h23 has a longer runner setup, you'd want to use that.
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                              X