Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Spark plug change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you see 4 black wires going into the back of the valve cover. Pull them out and the spark plugs are right down there. You need a special socket with rubber grippers to pull them out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
      If you see 4 black wires going into the back of the valve cover. Pull them out and the spark plugs are right down there. You need a special socket with rubber grippers to pull them out though.
      or just a deep well socket and some needle nose plyers
      90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Originally posted by xaaronx View Post
        or just a deep well socket and some needle nose plyers
        The ruber socket is better because when you install the new plugs, you can lower is slowly in because of the rubber gripping, where as with the pliers, you risk just dropping it in and damaging it.

Comment

When u do go withngk man

Comment

Make sure to spring for the right tools. Dont cheap out. If you're already taking the initiative to do little stuff on your cb then you'll probably be trying to work on something else again later. So just build up a nice little tool collection. But stop into your local autoparts store. The people can usually tell you the tools you need for replacing your plug. And the holes are pretty deep. So make sure that you buy an extender for your socket otherwise you'll have to go back.

Comment

you're not going to damage a spark plug by dropping it 2 inches.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i believe the rubber boot part is to hold the porcelain part of the plug so it does not contact metal and crack it.

secondly, i bought a spark plug socket from autozone(like $7 wtf) and i bought 1 from my local 99 cent store. that one is actually better. the 1 from autozone the rubber part fell out after putting literally 2 plugs in it.

if you are unsure of the socket it should be a 5/8" spark plug socket. when you look inside will have a rubber boot in it.

i would suggest not using that spark plug socket until you have the spark plug screwed in and you know its not cross threaded before you torque it down.

you should be your 4 new spark pugs and some anti seize. LIGHTLY coat the threads of the new plug. here is a little trick if you did not already know this. i put the top (the white porcelain side) into a small hose that fits the top of the spark plug but not too tightly. this holds the plug securely as you lower it into the spark plug tube( where the plug goes inside the valve cover). i then thread the spark plug into its slot using the hose. if the hose slips as you turn it the spark plug it not going into the hole so know its cross threaded and needs to be put in again teh right way. the anti seize helps lubricate the plug threads and lets them slide in easier. the anti seize is a good idea. some people do not use it and will regret it if their plug ever does seize on the. most people also do not know you are supposed to torque your spark plug on cb7s to 13 ft/lbs

hope this helps
                Parts For Sale
                BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                  you're not going to damage a spark plug by dropping it 2 inches.
                  lol beat me to it. think of the amount of compression and how many times those spark plugs will be igniting fuel every time you start up that car. dropping a spark plug in there won't harm anything.
                  90 ACCORD EX..<-- MR thread

Comment

Working...
                  X