Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Simple question. (93 Accord)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple question. (93 Accord)

Last edited by tlej@live.com; 06-17-2011, 12:59 PM.

You could install an intake and that would make a woosh sound but not to loud, do you want like a turbo noise or what exactly do you want it to make a whine noise.

Comment

1) please make your thread titles descriptive. Threads with titles like yours are going to start being deleted.

2) What do you mean by an "electrical whine"? Nobody modifies their car to sound like that. The only ways to make your car whine while revving are to a) supercharge it, or b) have something about to break.

I'm guessing that your car isn't supercharged, so whatever whine it's making now is PROBABLY a sign that something is about to blow up on you... it's not some cool mod. If you have an automatic transmission, that would be my first guess.

Comment

Well, I'm guessing more of a turbo sound? Like it's an electric car almost?

I'm not looking to install a whole turbo system.. But something that could make the same noise. I'll try and find a video of what I'm asking for

EDIT: Obviously it's not some cool mod. I know that. I know there's something WRONG with it, if only MY car is doing it with no mods..

Yes, I do have an automatic transmission. No it's not supercharged. I will fix my title.
        Last edited by tlej@live.com; 06-30-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Like that?

Comment

Yes, that is close to it. But not that exaggerative from the outside. Something that could only be heard in the cabin.

EDIT: Near 00:11 in that video is close to what it sounds like from in the cabin.

Also, this may help bring some terms out.. But when the gears shift, it goes "tiss" .. You know?
            Last edited by tlej@live.com; 06-30-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

Yes, that's the second thing I was talking about. I still don't know what the wine is.. I've seen it in some videos.. But I can't find it now.. Still looking

Comment

Comment

I noticed when i have my phone charging and also playing music it emmits a high pitched whine from my speakers.

Comment

Electrical interference will do that... Cheap sparkplug wires that aren't properly insulated will often do it as well.

As I said before, it's not a mod... it's showing that something is wrong.

Comment

Ah yes!.. I guess it is a supercharger that's making the noise..

Well that helps alot.

And Tippy, you might want to check your grounds

Comment

Yeah, you're not going to make any cool noises without some expensive toys. There are no supercharger kits for our cars, so you'd need to find a way to build one. I was going to, but I decided against it (I have a $350 supercharger sitting on the floor next to me, useless now... Someday I'll use it!)

The second video is a blow off valve, used to vent compressed air from a turbo when the throttle plate is closed. There are fake ones that will either hook to your exhaust and whistle, or activate a speaker... either one of these will get you laughed at by anyone that knows anything about cars.

The first, obviously, is a full electric car... and I doubt you want to attempt that!

Just stuff Fran Drescher in your trunk if you want a whine.

Comment

Ah, well thanks for the terms. That helps alot.

And you can get one that activates a speaker? How pathetic..

Anyways.. I'm not big on engines or anything.. But I do car audio.

Comment

Yeah, the sound you're looking for is a byproduct of performance enhancing modifications... the sounds without the actual performance would be quite laughable.

Comment

Working...
                              X