Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

smoke coming out of vents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smoke coming out of vents.

any ideas guys? I'm thinking it could be something with a blower motor. but that was replaced by me like almost 2 years ago?? 2 summers ago hows that. seems to start blowing smoke if i have the AC on for about an hour or so. also my car smokes really bad at times and i now have a small hole in my firewall where i removed the cruise control. think smoke could be coming through that and getting sucked in by the blower motor and out the vents? ugh i just dont wanna replace the blower motor again it was kind of some work.

thanks for the help guys!
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

does it smell?

have you ever seen "smoke" when you open the freezer? same effect.
    wat?

Comment

are you sure its actually smoke? and not just what happens when warm and cold air meet? does it smell like something is burning? like oil or electrical? any other problems with the car?
      Parts For Sale
      BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Look under your car and examine the area around your catalytic converter (or is it the flex pipe? ). It's not uncommon for oil to leak from the "oil cooler" where your oil filter attaches and drip on to the exhaust, burning up and resulting in the burnt oil smell inside your car. Does it smell bad when your car is sitting idle in the driveway? What about while driving? Does the smell go away when you switch from fresh air to recirculate?
        Fix your Computer!

Originally posted by MikeW
        D, I'm a fanciful motherfucker. My ish is clean, quick, plush, mature and sophisticated.

┌─┐
        ┴─┴
        ಠ_ರೃ

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7 View Post
          does it smell?

have you ever seen "smoke" when you open the freezer? same effect.
          not that i can tell of as my car smells like burnt oil cuz i have an oil leak. but has your car ever blown "smoke" "vapors" out of the vents?

Originally posted by AaronRVegas View Post
          are you sure its actually smoke? and not just what happens when warm and cold air meet? does it smell like something is burning? like oil or electrical? any other problems with the car?
          its a think kinda smoke like you can tell. i dont think our cars have what it takes to recreat that vapor smoke this much.

Originally posted by Masamune View Post
          Look under your car and examine the area around your catalytic converter (or is it the flex pipe? ). It's not uncommon for oil to leak from the "oil cooler" where your oil filter attaches and drip on to the exhaust, burning up and resulting in the burnt oil smell inside your car. Does it smell bad when your car is sitting idle in the driveway? What about while driving? Does the smell go away when you switch from fresh air to recirculate?
          its comin out the air vents and like my car has an oil leak so it just smells like burning oil haha!
          Accord SE

93se
          Members Ride
          Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak

Comment

my car did that a few times when i lived in arizona after a fresh evac/recharge of the AC system. Especially when it was early in the morning and rather humid (monsoon season). never seen anything like that.

but it does sound more like smoke from the way you describe it rather than water vapor. when it happened in my car the vapor would only come out of the vents maybe a foot before it dissapated, if its smoke it will linger in the cabin of your car for some time due to the stagnant air.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              my car did that a few times when i lived in arizona after a fresh evac/recharge of the AC system. Especially when it was early in the morning and rather humid (monsoon season). never seen anything like that.

but it does sound more like smoke from the way you describe it rather than water vapor. when it happened in my car the vapor would only come out of the vents maybe a foot before it dissapated, if its smoke it will linger in the cabin of your car for some time due to the stagnant air.
              ya. i mean it comes out more than a foot and a half... and now that you mention something about the smoke lingering their. it doesnt seem to do that. I usually turn it off real quick cuz my room mate said maybe my blower motor. um.. if it is vapor its strange cuz its really hot outside and this happened when it was raining usually.
              Accord SE

93se
              Members Ride

Comment

its probably just water vapor, especially since you state if usually happens when raining which would mean a high level of humidity.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

ya makes sense but like...idk just like wtf... has anyone ever have a like blower motor go bad and it smoke?
                  Accord SE

93se
                  Members Ride

Comment

Working...
                  X