Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

auto tranny problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto tranny problems

Ok I'm having trouble with my tranny its stuck in one gear first it was when it was in 1st gear but when I changed the silinoids it now feels like its in 2nd but still won't change into any gears also my d4 light keeps flashing and I don't even have it in d4 gear can anybody tell me wat it could be

And I had also put in this new tranny like 2months ago with 105.000 miles

Comment

theres a way to get a code out of it im not sure how the trans might be bad and stuck in limp mode i would look at ur tcu so see if its bad also is it the same modle tranny u had in b4?

Comment

Why did you change the tranny?

Was it doing the same thing before you changed the tranny or after you changed the tranny?
        Rides:

Accord
        92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
        88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
        95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
        92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
        91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
        91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
          Why did you change the tranny?

Was it doing the same thing before you changed the tranny or after you changed the tranny?
          My other tranny was bad cuz when I check the tranny oil it had chunks of metel in it and the oil was like brown and smelled bad but it some what did it before but it sounded like everything in the tranny started grinding when I was accelerating and then it would bring me to a stop and wouldn't turn off but when I let it cool down it would turn back on so I changed it for another tranny and yea the same one. But now its doing the things I said but not as bad as it was before and another then I had forgot to mention was when I was fixing my cluster cuz mine it wouldn't tell me how much gas I had and it didn't tell me the temperature of the car so when I changed the peice I noticed that mine didn't have the light for the d4 and when I put in the hole new piece and put it all back together I then notice that my d4 light began to flash so I look it up and it said when that happens the tcu is bad but I changed it but it still does the flashing or just stays lite so I just want to kno if it might be other things involved like other things I should look at

Originally posted by 91dxaccordcb7 View Post
          theres a way to get a code out of it im not sure how the trans might be bad and stuck in limp mode i would look at ur tcu so see if its bad also is it the same modle tranny u had in b4?

Comment

The flashing D4 is a TCU error code. Pull the code, and it will tell you what is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              The flashing D4 is a TCU error code. Pull the code, and it will tell you what is wrong.
              how do u check it? and should i check other things

Comment

shit, my auto tranny just did the same thing to me today but when i put mine in d4 it wont drive past 2mph but if i drive it manually it drives ok but doesnt sound like it goes into second, like i shift to d2 but it still sounds like its in d1

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

man sorry to hear the bad news! my old auto cb7 tranny went bad, rebuilt it,went bad n 5 months again! got my current cb7 in auto,reverse went bad so i jus yanked it out and converterd it to a 5speed prelude tranny and am very happy. if u have access u should try finding one at a junkyard,auto or 5speed,whatevr u like.it sounds like trouble in your ride.i hope you get it goin and dont get discouraged!

Comment

Originally posted by pninja82 View Post
                    man sorry to hear the bad news! my old auto cb7 tranny went bad, rebuilt it,went bad n 5 months again! got my current cb7 in auto,reverse went bad so i jus yanked it out and converterd it to a 5speed prelude tranny and am very happy. if u have access u should try finding one at a junkyard,auto or 5speed,whatevr u like.it sounds like trouble in your ride.i hope you get it goin and dont get discouraged!
                    im currently getting all the parts for a 5speed conversion. already bought the esp auto to 5speed mounts. found a parts car im getting next week so all thats left would be getting new clutch and flywheel

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
                    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                    X