Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 Accord LX - wont turn over wont crank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt Starter!!!

thought it was starter... so replaced that and still wouldnt crank, but just found out it wasnt even the starter... its this tiny piece of rubbery plastic that is part of the clutch compression stuff. I think its a pivot clutch release. Took it to part store to check starter and comp and the guy went under dash, put his finger in the spot where the part went and said try and crank.. and sure enuff fired right up!! TWO DOLLAR part... after of course i spent money on a starter today!!

Comment

Sorry to hear its not the starter.

Glad to hear its been fixed though.

If the starter has not been soiled you can either try to return it (since its only recently purchased and you may still have the packageing & receipt) or keep it as a back up (unless you need the extra $).

As the car is now ageing (unless you know its been replaced before) starters can pack it anytime and anyplace. So up to you if you want to keep it as emergency spare.
      Last edited by JDMDriver; 06-22-2010, 08:41 PM.
      Rides:

Accord
      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

JDM- It was the clutch pedal stop. going to replace tomorrow.
        when took it to the part store it was just laying in the floor board and the guy said this is the issue. placed his hand in a hole.. and it cranked right up.

Such a small part caused issues.

I got the starter from a JY so I am going to just keep it and have an extra on hand

Thanks for every ones help.... greatly appreciate it

Comment

Lol I can't believe I didn't think about that. Same problem I had with the brake sensor. Plastic piece that triggers the button broke off, forgot the clutches tend to do the same. Glad it's fixed

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
          Traded with: Cb7xChun
          Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
          Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
          My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MeChelle369 View Post
            thought it was starter... so replaced that and still wouldnt crank, but just found out it wasnt even the starter... its this tiny piece of rubbery plastic that is part of the clutch compression stuff. I think its a pivot clutch release. Took it to part store to check starter and comp and the guy went under dash, put his finger in the spot where the part went and said try and crank.. and sure enuff fired right up!! TWO DOLLAR part... after of course i spent money on a starter today!!
            did you get ur previous starter tested or did you just buy one due to the replies we made?....lol...im very sorry it wasnt the starter hate to have spend money on something that wasnt needed...lol i blame my self!!..lol

Originally posted by deevergote
            .......If they seem smart, and just trying to learn, I'll offer as much help as possible. If they seem stupid and lazy, I'll do my best to piss them off so they leave and never come back... while still answering the question.

Comment

I just decided the hell with it - wont hurt to have a spare laying around. Got a fan and starter for 75 bucks. so cant complain there

I am blowed tho that it was just something small like that tho

But glad that its fixed

Comment

Working...
              X