Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

A/C Issue and I live in South Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C Issue and I live in South Florida

Hello all I will begin to go into deep details as deep as I can on my A/C issues...

The car I drive is a 1992 Accord EX with a F22a6, I received the car late January with 169k on it. The AC worked fine when I first received the car, whenever I hit the AC button the light would come on and I could turn the knob all the way over and it would blow cold.

Here's where the problems start:
    • First my rear defroster went out, whenever I hit the button the light wouldn't come on.
      Simultaneously, I tried to hit the AC button and that light wouldn't work neither nor would the AC blow cold
      And to make the situation even worse now I try to turn the knob that controls the temperature all the way to cold but the knob won't turn all the way....When I turn it all the way, it clicks back a couple of times...
      So what I did was check the fuses and play around with them a bit, after doing this my rear defoster began to work but my AC still didn't
      So I took some R134a and tried to recharge it but that didn't work neither...

Now I ask is there anyone who can help me as I live in South Florida and summer is rolling around...I did a search but nothing turned up

It is probably your HVAC controler itself. I know they have been known to make bad connections due to poor solder points in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace` View Post
      Hello all I will begin to go into deep details as deep as I can on my A/C issues...

The car I drive is a 1992 Accord EX with a F22a6, I received the car late January with 169k on it. The AC worked fine when I first received the car, whenever I hit the AC button the light would come on and I could turn the knob all the way over and it would blow cold.

• First my rear defroster went out, whenever I hit the button the light wouldn't come on.
        Simultaneously, I tried to hit the AC button and that light wouldn't work neither nor would the AC blow cold
        And to make the situation even worse now I try to turn the knob that controls the temperature all the way to cold but the knob won't turn all the way....When I turn it all the way, it clicks back a couple of times...
        So what I did was check the fuses and play around with them a bit, after doing this my rear defoster began to work but my AC still didn't

Now I ask is there anyone who can help me as I live in South Florida and summer is rolling around...I did a search but nothing turned up
      The switch assembly located behind the knob (that controls the temp) needs to be replaced from the issue you’re describing regardless if that solves your main problem or not. I don't think that will solve your entire problem, but it would be one off the check list!

Comment

check your fuse in your kick panels on your drivers side inside the car. the a/c main relay may be blown. and your defroster fuse may be blown
        You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
        Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

my cold controler doesn't go all the way over but it works so it's either un ac compressor or main relay n as far as ur rear defrost u have an electrical short so u have to check out the wiring to make sure no wire's r making contact or r cut

Comment

Summer already rolled up, and Im in Texas. No A/C...104 deg weather. Hope you get it fixed..

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

I'll give all the fuses and relays another check

Comment

BUMP

Any other suggestions especially on my knob issue as im bring the car to get tested tomorrow

Comment

hi i think it`s the icu [a timer under the dash ,black box by the steering wheel]

Comment

I have similar oases inthe same year car... Everything lights up and the a/c blows .. But for one when I run it. It drops my Rome during idle and gives me a sluggish first gear start.. As iffni started in second also the temp knob just turns freely.. By thati mean I have to press Down and turn, but it spins back.. And doesn't change the temp from where I put it.. Doesn't blow that cold either

So I was thinking what would Jesus drive?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace` View Post

In older integras ( the one in my signature ) the ICU likes to go bad causing the rear defroster and a bunch of other misc things to go bad. Im betting thats your problem with the rear defroster.

With the temperature knob im gussing the cable to the heater core valve ( or where ever it goes, somewhere under the hood near a small valve on the fire wall ) is binding up.

Comment

Working...
                      X