Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

fuel filter/code 43 relation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel filter/code 43 relation?

so.. i got a code 43 in my 93 ex after bogging down and cutting out on the interstate. whenever i rev over 4000rpm, it clears up and i regain power.

i replaced my oxygen sensor with a NGK sensor... it ran fine for about 2 or 3 days and then it's doing the same thing. however, i'm not throwing any codes. she's got about 220,000 on the clock... i have no idea when the fuel filter was replaced considering i just bought it back in january. would a fuel filter be the culprit? sometimes it stutters and bogs, sometimes it doesn't. i'm confused.

it's a 93 ex 5spd btw... all stock
    90 LX coupe 5spd
    135k, bone stock

id change the fuel filter out just because it is always neglected. the code isnt related to a fuel filter but since it doesnt come on any more it may not be devastating enough to set a CEL but still cause driveability. does it still run fine above 4k rpms? what you are doing is putting it into open loop and that does not see a O2 reading.

brand new ngk unit? tried unplugging a battery cable or pulling the ecu fuse? erase adaptives.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yea i would change the fuel filter too before anything i replace mines not to long ago and it was nasty did justice tho after

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
        id change the fuel filter out just because it is always neglected. the code isnt related to a fuel filter but since it doesnt come on any more it may not be devastating enough to set a CEL but still cause driveability. does it still run fine above 4k rpms? what you are doing is putting it into open loop and that does not see a O2 reading.

brand new ngk unit? tried unplugging a battery cable or pulling the ecu fuse? erase adaptives.
        yeah, when it starts cutting out, i can downshift and go over 4k and i regain all power. though yesterday, i drove up the interstate for 70 miles just to see if it would start the same crap again, but it drove like it was brand new. so i'm perplexed. i did reset the ECU (pulling the under hood hazards fuse, yes?) for about 10 min and plugging it back in. also unhooked the neg cable for the same time.
        90 LX coupe 5spd
        135k, bone stock

Comment

driving today, it started cutting out again... after about a minute of it, this time, since the new sensor, i finally threw a CEL code. i'm getting code 41 now.

this is a brand new NGK sensor i've replaced it with. the bosch did the same thing, this is why i bought NGK. what should i do now?
          90 LX coupe 5spd
          135k, bone stock

Comment

The fuse you pull to reset the ecu should be the radio/backup fuse under the hood.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

code 41 indicates a problem with the 02 heater circuit. I would start with a continuity check. Check continuity from body ground and each terminal of the sensor. If you have continuity on any terminal, then you have a bad 02. Then check the yellow/black for B+ voltage, and orange black for ground, and any shorts to B+ or ground. Could possibly be the main relay or the worst case, ECU.

Comment

Working...
              X