Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Starting engine bogging problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting engine bogging problem

when i first start my engine for the first 5-10 seconds it runs like krap. it sounds like its gonne bog down and shut off. it doesnt do this everytime i start the car. nor do i have any problems driving or anything after that 10 seconds.

what could be my problem?
    i just replaced my spark plugs with autolite double platniums and i just replaced my spark plug wires with new ngks. I also just switched to synthetic motor oil.
    You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
    Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Have you checked your fuel filter?
    29 MPG in town ~ ?? MPG Highway
    Originally posted by deevergote
    "how can I make my car unique, just like yours?"

Comment

I do not think that could be the problem since after it stops i have no problems running my car it does not bog or anything just the initial few seconds
      You don't have to like what he did, but I would hope that you can appreciate the time, money and love that went in to the build. If you can't, you're not really an enthusiast, just another dumb kid with a car.-visualpoet
      Money and Knowledge are never in the same sentence, because people with Money think they know it all, but people with knowledge, know better.-ragingasian

Comment

Are you burning anything other than fuel? How are the conditon of your spark plugs?

Comment

nope running clean. and the spark plugs still look almost like the day i put them in.

i just changed the spark plugs/wires/oil on sunday. so two days ago

Comment

Does this only happen when the car is cold, or every time you start it?

If it's every time you start it, try letting the car warm up. Then turn it off, turn it back on, and give it a little gas as it's doing the bogging thing. (don't do this if the engine has been sitting for a while, as revving a cold engine is VERY bad!)
            It may be a fuel issue. Perhaps a fuel pressure issue (which could possibly be the filter, as mentioned above). You may not have adequate fuel pressure right away.

That's my first thougt, and probably the simplest to check... there are a number of things that may cause similar problems as well.

Comment

it doesnt really have a set time it does it

sometimes i start the car (cold) and it does it. other times it wont
              i can start the car (warm) and it will do it. other it wont

and its not every single time either that what i dont get

Comment

how difficult if it to get in and check your fuel filter? and can you physically see it it dirty or old when you take it out or not?

Comment

fuel filter is not difficult to get to or change. it is right under your vacuum box its behind the throttl. e body just left of center on the firewall. you will need to disconnect 4 or 5 vacuum hoses(very simple takes 3 seconds). after the hoses are disconnected you move the vacuum box and the fuel filter is kind of behind and under it. there will be 2 cylinder looking things and its the one to the right. it has a banjo bolt and a threaded fitting on it. make sure to replace the washers(3 should come with a new fuel filter. 2 for the banjo bolt and the other small one is for the bolt that you release the fuel pressure with).

then to remove the fuel filter can be kind of a pain in the buttocks. the threaded fitting on the fuel filter can and probably is a bit rusted onto it. you might need some pb bllasteter or maybe just a lot of elbow grease. if you have a flare nut wrench use that because it is less likely to strip the nut.

a new fuel filter is only liike $15 from autozone and you should replace them every 2 years or 24k miles or so. you can also borrow a fuel pressure test kit (with around $175 deposit) from autozone. which can tell you if your fuel pressure is correct. i have never done it but i hear changing the fuel pump is a HUGE pain in the ass on these models. just hope you dont have to do that.

chances are your fuel filter will need to be replaced. i would just go ahead and do it anyway
                  Last edited by AaronRVegas; 06-15-2010, 02:40 PM.
                  Parts For Sale
                  BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

Comment

Did this problem exist prior to your tune-up? Did it start occurring after a previous repair or install?
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

it just began occuring. and whens its in the weird idle if i give it gas it blows out smoke. but once it stops and start driving it does not smoke at all

Comment

Working...
                      X