Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

f22 engine s2000 trany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

that is kick ass but its also a custom tube chassie and a v8 im doing this with the 4 banger and it will be DD aswell

Comment

Chassis. Chassie isn't a word.

You're going to have to do just about as much as far as modifications go to make this work.

Comment

yes i know my spelling isnt the best and for some resone my spell check wasnt working and i realize this but a full tube chassis is was over the top for me and not needed granted the trunk floor and so on will have to be modified but not the entire chassis

Comment

The firewall, floor, and the majority of the rear subframe and suspension will need to be modified. It may not be full tube, but it's going to take a LOT of work. A full tube chassis may actually be easier than modifying the existing setup.

I had planned on making my 86 Accord hatchback RWD. I measured the dimensions of the engine bay and rear of a 240sx, and I was simply going to weld that into the Accord. The dimensions were about right, so it would have been doable. There's a cardomain page that shows a guy's project where he did that to a Grand Prix (not 240sx parts... but he basically swapped subframes to convert the car to RWD)

Comment

the firewall and floor were more of a given to me srry lol and i like that idea im going to have to look into that the only thing would be i would have to flip the diff to make the car go the right way lol but that was the plan from the start

Comment

What are you going to do about the rear suspension? Nothing back there is designed to accommodate a drive axle. And the fuel tank... because that's right where the diff is going to go.

Comment

some of the stuff i will plan as i go like the tank placement as for the room needed i will make it i will cut up the floor and rebuild it if nessasary and it probably will be

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    What are you going to do about the rear suspension? Nothing back there is designed to accommodate a drive axle. And the fuel tank... because that's right where the diff is going to go.
                    you'd have to use either the s2000 rear hubs made to fit, cause they wont easily, or see about CR-V hubs. modifying the rear control arms is absolutely necessary as well.

Originally posted by riotstarter1992 View Post
                    some of the stuff i will plan as i go like the tank placement as for the room needed i will make it i will cut up the floor and rebuild it if nessasary and it probably will be
                    your not gonna get anywhere thinking you'll be able to just improvise as you go. most of your time is gona be starting over. and if you really plan on doing it, your better off starting with a better base power plant. not to knock the F22a or anything, but an F20c/F22c would be an easier fit.

Comment

to the op.

keep dreaming
                      miss my turbo cb7
                      moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

His ideas are doable... I just don't think he truly understands exactly what sort of work and expense he's looking at.

My previous idea of getting a RWD car with similar measurements and welding in the front and rear subframe would be a bit more straightforward. If you did it right, you'd retain all of the previous car's suspension geometry, without having to do any considerable engineering yourself to ensure a car that will be safe... ish.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          His ideas are doable... I just don't think he truly understands exactly what sort of work and expense he's looking at.

My previous idea of getting a RWD car with similar measurements and welding in the front and rear subframe would be a bit more straightforward. If you did it right, you'd retain all of the previous car's suspension geometry, without having to do any considerable engineering yourself to ensure a car that will be safe... ish.
                          true. anything is "doable" but its more about getting it done right. completly re-engineering the chassis to make suspension components fit and work well is the only thing i could see working well enough to use daily. unless something extremely similar is found and can be made to fit. then i would at least reinforce the surrounding areas. its a lot of trial and error and a lot of work. and thats just to get the rear suspension geometry to handle the power a motor would make stock.

getting the engine and tranny in is cake. cut a line down the middle of the tunnel starting at the firewall back to where the tranny would end while opening up the exhaust tunnel at the firewall. just enough to bend it out to fit the tranny. cut excess off and throw some sheet metal on there to make it look pretty.

mounting the motor in just takes some measurements and welding. throw a beam across the underside like another cross member if necessary. as long as its good thick metal and good welds/mounting positions it'll be fine.

getting the rear to work is what'll make or break a project like this. assuming the parts are readily available. we'll see how i do once i get into it.

Comment

hes best bet is to buy a acura legend and stick the motor in there. it already has a tunnel built for the tranny and the rear suspension is similar to the crvs. and im pretty sure you could mount and fit a s2k rear and axles in. you just have to modify the gas tank or get one off a bmw and fit it in there. and for the front, just make you own mounts and wiring.

less work and money involved.
                            miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                              hes best bet is to buy a acura legend and stick the motor in there. it already has a tunnel built for the tranny and the rear suspension is similar to the crvs. and im pretty sure you could mount and fit a s2k rear and axles in. you just have to modify the gas tank or get one off a bmw and fit it in there. and for the front, just make you own mounts and wiring.

less work and money involved.
                              eh. thats a good idea, but i'd rather keep the CB base.

anyone notice the op's name is riotstarter? curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                                eh. thats a good idea, but i'd rather keep the CB base.

anyone notice the op's name is riotstarter? curious.
                                if i was him, i just throw in a h22 built with a b series awd setup
                                miss my turbo cb7

Comment

Working...
                                X