Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension

Ok I found some 20's that will fit perfectly on my car without rubs or cut & there 4 lug..my only problem is I feel like my car sits low some I think it will hug the 20's too much. Will putting spacers also known as stiffeners on my coilover or springs help raise it? Will I need to get higher springs because I just want to raise it a little bit? I need ideas.

**If anyone makes ANY negative comment of ANY kind, a 3 day ban (minimum) will follow.**

This is your warning. If you don't have something to say that will answer his question, go to another thread.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Here are two threads from the past. Most responses are what you'd expect, but there may be helpful info hidden somewhere in there.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137296

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=109200

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

honestly i am glad you did that josh b/c in the first response i was expecting someone to jump on his ass b/c it seems thats the thing to do these days

i am also curious about this b/c i have a similar problem on the wagon
        the f&f type 1s in the rear are as high as i feel safe with and the fenders are at the wheels(no finger gap at all)

i thought about those pieces that you put in between the coils and expand them but am not sure if they will fit between the coils in the first place
        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

If you want less of a drop, do it right and get springs that offer a higher stance. Putting spacers in your springs is not a good idea. It will affect the spring rate by effectively deadening coils, and you could experience a sudden loss of control if one of those spacers decides to slip.

OR, roll your fenders and run negative camber. That will take care of any chance of things hitting. Just keep an eye on your tires, and replace them as soon as the insides begin to show wear... which, unfortunately, won't take very long to happen.

Comment

appreciate the advise guys

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              If you want less of a drop, do it right and get springs that offer a higher stance. Putting spacers in your springs is not a good idea. It will affect the spring rate by effectively deadening coils, and you could experience a sudden loss of control if one of those spacers decides to slip.

OR, roll your fenders and run negative camber. That will take care of any chance of things hitting. Just keep an eye on your tires, and replace them as soon as the insides begin to show wear... which, unfortunately, won't take very long to happen.
              yeah that is one reason why i haven't gone through with it it was mainly just a thought with no real plans of doing it

i would like to be able to run that much camber but i deliver pizzas and cannot go through tires like that unfortunately
              ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Yeah, if you drive for a living, then you REALLY want to make sure your suspension is reliable.

I used to drive my CB7 for work, like 300 miles a day. I got new tires, and never corrected my camber in the rear (H&R Race, Koni Yellows on the lowest perch)... and my rear tires began cupping. They have plenty of tread, but they're technically ruined already.

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in style in favor of practicality. Just do it right, and don't take shortcuts!

Comment

not to bust your balls, but bad toe in the rear will cause cupping. i have seen it first hand.
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Either way, my suspension in some way has caused my cupping.

The bad thing is, cupping came AFTER my alignment. I've never had an issue with it before. I wonder if they screwed it up...

Comment

Working...
                    X