Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shocks/Springs Compatibility between 4G and 5G accords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks/Springs Compatibility between 4G and 5G accords

Would anyone happen to know if the suspension parts for a 5th Gen accord, particularly the springs and shocks, are compatible with 4th Gen accords? I have an opportunity to get some Tokico Blues and some H&R springs off someone's 5th gen accord for a really affordable price.

1) are the shocks (tokico blues) compatible between 4G and 5G?
    2) are there any compatibility issues with H&R springs?

thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some useful information for me.

PS: Seller stated the H&R springs dropped his car 2"F/1.78"R. I'm assuming they're H&R Sport Springs (black) that settled in a bit.
    Last edited by P5ylance; 05-28-2010, 03:57 PM.
    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

been reading around, and...

is there something different about the 94-95 H&R springs that make them not work for the 90-93/96-97, shorter perhaps? or is it all pretty much interchangeable? because i know the eibach sportlines are good for 90-97 accords.

will be asking the person what years his springs are for sometime later today.

Comment

Every suspension part I've ever searched for or looked up on the net suggests that all the suspension parts between 4th and 5th gen Accords are the same the only exceptions are: 4th gen Wagons are not compatible with other 4th gen Accords, and %th gen Wagon and V6 models are not compatrible with 4th gen Accords. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe these 2 are the only exceptions. In fact, when I did my rear disc brake conversion, I used parts from a '94 EX Accord, even the sub frame.
      Looking to buy: IAB Solenoid, and vacuum tank!

Comment

oh okay cool, just wanted to get some confirmation, I was searching around the forums and a bunch of online stores and they've most all been listed under 90-97 or with the same part number. some reason though, the H&R sports on one site were divided into 9495 and 9697. :\ another place said they were 90-97. either way, i'll probably pick them up, thanks for coming in with your info, cb7lx93!

Comment

Working...
        X