Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

finding TDC for P1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finding TDC for P1

hey guys

i know this is supposed to be simple but i am having problems getting my pistong 1 to TDC on the compression stroke. i am doing the work in this thread

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...lug+tube+seals

but i cant get P1 to TDC. my roommate told me that it does not matter you can adjust the valves when pistons in any position. i want to do it right because i already screwed this up once.

so before i removed the plug wires and stuff the order was as follows (assume you are looking at a compass)

1 - pointing east
    3 - pointing south
    4 - pointing west
    2 - pointing north

i am trying to get this to TDC by myself for the record. i do not have someone watching the flywheel mark. so i have to turn it some and get up and turn more and then repeat.

so i THINK it is at TDC for P1 right now. judging by the distributor rotor position. i cant see a mark on the flywheel so i am wondering if maybe this flywheel does not have a mark. is that possible? maybe i am slightly off of the TDC by a little bit and thats why i cant see the mark? i googled and it said put a straw in the cylinder and when it is at the top its at TDC. idk if this works or not. i dont know what else to do though. (yes i removed the spark plugs)

i am rotating the crankshaft in the pictures. i thought there were supposed to be marks on it but i dont see any. last time i was rotating the actual cam pulley (which was HARD AS FUCK TO EVEN BUDGE!!) also every once in a while when i rotate it i hear what sounds like an electrical pop. is that normal?? or did i do something wrong?

please help me ASAP. i need my car to run as soon as humanly possible.

here are some pictures. if i need to photo more stuff please tell me

Parts For Sale
    BIG Thanks to HondaFan81 for all your help!!

If I remember correctly all F22 crank pulleys have four dots on them that will be on the 6 o'clock bottom portion and viewable thru the wheel well when piston number 1 is at TDC. That might be for DOHC engines though and I just can't remember SOHC pulleys. There might only be one it looks like from the pics. The dot/s are an indicator though. That's why they're there. TDC on #1 will show on the crank pulley by the mark.

It's easier to rotate the engine with the plugs removed. Otherwise pressure is building in the chamber on the combustion stroke and then being released through the exhaust valves. That's probably the tension you're feeling.
    Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 05-26-2010, 06:12 PM.
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

thanks for your post bro

it says to remove the spark plugs in the haynes so that is what i did. i actually broke one of them on removal. i think i overtorqued them when i installed them and 1 broke. i already got a new one and got all the broken pieces out of the tube hole.

if you notice in the pictures there is a green mark on the frame or whatever beside the pulley. i tried lining up the marks on the pulley with the green line but that did not seem to work either. i suppose it could have been because i was not looking at it from straight on. maybe it was a bit off. idk
      Parts For Sale

Comment

sorry for the double post.

is that mark on the dizzy to point to where P1 should be? i think that is why the mark is there but im not 100&#37; sure.
        Parts For Sale

Comment

There is a white mark and a red mark on the flywheel or flexplate (depending what you have). You want to line up the white mark with the pointer. You can also take your valve cover off and look at the cam sprocket, the up arrow on the sprocket should point upwards. When either one of those marks is in that position your #1 cylinder is at TDC.

Comment

Also that pop you hear is the pistons moving up and down in the cylinder, due to air escaping from compression. That is completely normal.

Comment

Responded to your PM for help on this. If your timing belt is off, let me know. Good luck, don't rush this time.
              HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

The key on the crank pulley is at 12 o'clock when #1 is at TDC, this should get you close enough to see the TDC mark on the flywheel through the window. You can verify that it is the compression stroke if the distributor rotor is pointing to the #1 terminal on the distributor.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
                X