Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Another "won't rev past xxxx" thread. Ive tried everything...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it honestly looked fine. but your distributor looked maxed, that would be the first indication.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i dont think this might be it but, my cousin had a similar prob 3 days only on a civic with built LS and his wouldnt past 3.5k we did pretty much evertything you did but in the end it was 2 wires touching. i wasnt there when he found them but he said he covered them with electrical tape and problem went away....could be possible you might have the same thing....youve tried so many hings and nothing. check your harness again

oh damn, i missed your found it post XD
      Last edited by JaberCB7; 05-30-2010, 10:24 AM.

Originally posted by Uncle Willey
      When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Ye, at first i couldnt find the marks on the cam pulley, then i saw the liiiitle tiny slashes and she was off a tooth. amazing how shitty it can run, but still run just from that... Thanks everyone for the ideas and help. I went trew my whole fuel/electrical trying to find this. haha

Comment

im having the same issue with my 91 accord and im pulling my hair out trying to figure it out

Comment

Bringin it back, my tuner says my cam timing seems to be a tooth retarded, says my manifold pressure is to low... hmm, i havnt touched it since this post, mabey i never did fix it... Pulls beautiful up high, but sluggish as a mofo down low... just did a HOGGED out H23 IM swap (removed iab's, removed median in upper and lower mani, bored out, she's gutted and breathin like a dragon) and bisi thermal gasket, not done tuning yet due to wideband problems, but as it sits now it pulls hard at 5500 to wherever im willing to shift (7,000 normally and 7,300 once). but is pretty gutless untill that point...

I know alot of this is due to an uncompleted tune but my mani pressure is low and power down low is shitty... im gonna try to check the timing again tuesday, not my favorite thing to do, but its gotta be me to do it... any ideas guys?
            Last edited by eazyduzit509; 08-23-2010, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
              Bringin it back, my tuner says my cam timing seems to be a tooth retarded, says my manifold pressure is to low... hmm, i havnt touched it since this post, mabey i never did fix it... Pulls beautiful up high, but sluggish as a mofo down low... just did a HOGGED out H23 IM swap (removed iab's, removed median in upper and lower mani, bored out, she's gutted and breathin like a dragon) and bisi thermal gasket, not done tuning yet due to wideband problems, but as it sits now it pulls hard at 5500 to wherever im willing to shift (7,000 normally and 7,300 once). but is pretty gutless untill that point...

I know alot of this is due to an uncompleted tune but my mani pressure is low and power down low is shitty... im gonna try to check the timing again tuesday, not my favorite thing to do, but its gotta be me to do it... any ideas guys?
              your running a high degree cam, your vacuum is going to naturally be lower due to more valve overlap. It will pull harder higher up, and less hard down low in the rpm range. But it'd be a nice suprise to find even more power eh?

Comment

Working...
              X