Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

thiner head gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thiner head gasket?

s0 i was w0nderin is there such thing 0r d0 u have t0 rem0ve a layer fr0m the st0ck head gasket?

my new turbo build

I've been told the middle layer.

Why not go with cometic headgasket more fullproof without worrying about the gasket blowing they different thickness headgaskets.
    Last edited by Darkcloud; 05-24-2010, 11:53 AM.
    NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
    DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
      s0 i was w0nderin is there such thing 0r d0 u have t0 rem0ve a layer fr0m the st0ck head gasket?
      Copper head gasket and there are some companies that make high compression head gaskets, I can't remember a company right now but I will look it up.

If you remove a layer from a stock MLS headgasket it will ruin the gasket and it will leak. It between each layer there are little lips i guess you could say and when the gasket is compressed they lock together.
      Originally posted by 92jdm
      if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post

Why not go with cometic headgasket more fullproof without worrying about the gasket blowing they different thickness headgaskets.
        were can i get 0ne.

my new turbo build

Comment

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post

Are you sure? We tried that on my friend's H22 and all it did was leak. Maybe we just had a shitty gasket then
          Originally posted by 92jdm
          if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

Ebay or Cometic.com
            NEW CB

new

Comment

n0pe they d0nt make 1 f0r my car.

my new turbo build

Comment

I thought they did
                NEW CB

new

Comment

A thinner head gasket is an oldschool way of raising compression (and thicker to lower it). Honestly, you're better off doing it the right way, with higher compression pistons, and using an OEM gasket.

But hey, lookee here... I searched the common F22A performance parts providers, and guess what... they have what you're looking for!

http://www.f22parts.com/item_copperheadgsk.htm
                  http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...Path=3_116_121

Shocking, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    A thinner head gasket is an oldschool way of raising compression (and thicker to lower it). Honestly, you're better off doing it the right way, with higher compression pistons, and using an OEM gasket.

But hey, lookee here... I searched the common F22A performance parts providers, and guess what... they have what you're looking for!

http://www.f22parts.com/item_copperheadgsk.htm
                    http://bisimoto.net/store/index.php?...Path=3_116_121

Shocking, I know...
                    i saw the bisi gasket but is it a st0ck replacement?i cant find the inf0 0n it.even th0ugh is says m0re inf0.....

my new turbo build

Comment

it says the corresponding sizes and layers. i wish they had one for 87mm.
                      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

bisimoto.com has them

2014 bisimoto parts coming soon

Comment

your probably going to end up with issues when using anything other than OEM gaskets. If you want to raise your compression do it the right way by getting pistons and rods. The 5hp or so you gain by removing a layer or getting a thinner crappier than stock gasket is not worth the effort of ripping the head off just to replace a gasket.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

yeah I would do it the right way...My friend did this and it was messed up from the time he done it until he done it the right way....But I know for sure ebay has what your looking for.And i belive its f22parts....But maybe my friend did somthing wrong bro...I don't know just try'n to help out......If you get it done tell us whats up......But for real think about it....
                            Only give advice when I know or have done it and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by 92smokeaccord View Post
                              i saw the bisi gasket but is it a st0ck replacement?i cant find the inf0 0n it.even th0ugh is says m0re inf0.....
                              Stock replacement how? (I'm ignoring all the post-whoring noobs above me...)

It will fit directly, yes. The thickness varies, as shown by the site.

Comment

Working...
                              X