Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

O2 Sensor Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Sensor Dilemma

Ok so right now I have a Bosch O2 sensor in a generic header. I have had the same O2 for 2 years now with no problems at all. The flex pipe on my header blew out so I just ordered another one.

All I hear about the Bosch O2's is that they suck and are pretty much the worst thing ever. (I got it before I was a member oops...) Well mine has been fine with no CEL's and no soot on my bumper (I assume its not running rich cause I romp the pedal about &#37;50 of the time I drive and the bumper is clean as can be.)

My question is... Should I just remove the Bosch O2 sensor and put it in the new generic I'm getting, or should I get a Denso O2 for $40 from Rock Auto?

If the Bosch is working for you, then use it. It's rare, but people DO have luck with them sometimes (makes me wonder about Bosch's quality control... there shouldn't be such inconsistencies). Check your plugs just to be sure that you're not running lean, as that would be even worse... but it sounds like everything should be ok.

Denso sensors are $40 now? Geez... they used to be so much more than than! I used to think $85 was a steal! If that $40 price is a limited time price, and you plan on keeping your car for a long time... I'd say pick one up and keep it in reserve for when the Bosch quits!

Comment

Whats the website again? rockauto.com? I will be needing to get an o2 sensor here soon aswell cuz im throwin codes.
      PSN
      Vash744

MRT 1992 EX Coupe "The Jerk"
      2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Premium Hatchback
      2008 Honda Fit Sport (Totaled out - Death by fallen tree)
      1993 CB7 Sedan LX (Totaled out)
      1991 CB7 Sedan EX (Dead and Junked)

Comment

Originally posted by Vash744 View Post
        Whats the website again? rockauto.com? I will be needing to get an o2 sensor here soon aswell cuz im throwin codes.
        Yeah. www.rockauto.com

Comment

Working...
        X